Chapter 39

ZACKS POV

Alex and Kelly were walking around showing people the ring. I tried so hard to ignore it but I was not succeeding. I decided to go sit out on the front porch. I held my head in my hands and tried to breathe normally.

"Zack are you okay?" I looked up and saw Amanda. She has been our friend since we first started the band.

"Yeah" I said. She sat down next to me. "I'm fine"

"you dont look fine" she said "What's wrong?"

"I don't want kelly to get hurt again"

"None of us want that. I know i wasnt here when it actually but I was here when she wasn't. It hurt seeing you all so upset with out her. But you have to remember how Alex was when she wasn't here" she put her hand on mine "Juliet told me that Kelly was pretty much the same. They're better for each other. They need each other"

"I know" I said putting my head down.

"Hey don't worry zacky" she said rubbing my back "everything will work out fine" I looked up at he and smiled weakly.

"I really miss having you around Amanda" I said she smiled

"I miss being around you guys too," she turned her head away "especially you" I saw her cheeks turn pink. I smiled. I always knew that she had liked me but I was too shy to do anything about it. I took her hand in mine.

"Let's go for a walk" I said standing up with her hand in mine. It felt right holding her hand. She stood up and we walked down the driveway and down the road.

**************************

Amanda and I walked down the street to the beach. We stood by the water. Every time the water would go towards Amanda he would squeal and run up the shore. I was in short and I had taken off my shoes off so I didn't care if I got wet. Every time she would run away she would blush a little. She looked so cute when she realized that I noticed it. She looked down and her hair fell in front of her face.

"The water really isn't that bad ya know" I laughed when she ran away one more time

"It's cold" she whined.

"Oh it's not that bad. Stop being such a baby" she put her hands on her hips

"I am not a baby" she said with a fake attitude. I laughed.

"Oh really?" I asked. I ran after her. She squealed and started to run away. She laughed when I finally caught up to her. I picked her up and dragged her into the water. She laughed when I let go of her.

"Thank you so much for that" she said shoving my shoulder playfully

"Anytime" I said trying to stop laughing. She smiled at me.

"You're a really great guy zack"

"You're just saying that" I said my head fell.

"No I'm not" she put her hand on my cheek

"I've never met anyone like you. You're sweet and caring. Most guys around here are assholes. You're different" she moved closer to me. "I always wanted to tell you that"

"Since when?" I whispered.

"Since I first met you"

"You're amazing you know that right?" I whispered.

"People have mentioned it" she laughed. We both stood there in the water laughing for a minute.

"Thanks for coming with me" I said.

"No problem" I didn't realize how close she was until now. She was looking up at me an I was looking down into her eyes. They were so beautiful.

"You are really beautiful" I whispered and she blushed. I put my hand on the small of her back and pulled her into a kiss. I could feel her smile into the kiss.

The moon light glowed around us and everything felt different. Kissing Amanda was completely different from kissing Kelly. Amanda was so sweet and she looked so beautiful especially when she blushed. I knew that Amanda was into me a while back but I never gave her the chance. Now I'm wishing I had because she was amazing. Things were finally changing from bad to good.