Carrier 2

"Mikaela?" Claude called, snapping Mika from his thoughts. "Are you alright? You suddenly switched off from me."

"I'm sorry I just-" Mika trailed off. He couldn't believe it, he was shocked, there was a possibility that his carrier was alive. A part of him was happy but then a part of him was sad, a part that didn't want to believe that his father had possibly lied to him his entire life. "Where's my dad?"

"Somewhere out there with the guests I guess." Claude said. "Is something wrong?"

"No." He said. "Everything's fine, please excuse me. Yuu-chan, I'm going to be out for a while ok?" Yuu nodded as he left the room.

Mika walked into the hall room and saw his father with some guests, he walked towards their direction. "Dad." He called.

"Son." Westley smiled. "Ooh! A suit? Yuu is such a special human, he actually got you to wear a suit, I mean, you hate suits and swore to never ever wear them and -"

"We need to talk." Mika interrupted.

"Eek! What's wrong with you?" Westley asked. "You're acting like you're on heat? And why are you so mad? I can feel your anger, it's depressing."

"I'd like to ask you something." Mika said. "About my carrier."

"Son, I don't want to talk about my dead mate." Westley said.

"Well did you know that your mate was alive?" Mika asked.

"Son, this isn't the time to joke around." Westley said.

"I was with Claude when his carrier mark disappeared, when I asked him to explain, he told me about the carrier mark and how it disappears when the carrier dies." Mika said.

"So what's your point?" Westley asked.

"Why do I still have my own carrier mark? I thought my carrier was dead?"

Westley chuckled. "Ok son, this is getting really ridiculous, there's no way you would have seen your carrier mark, mainly because your carrier is dead."

"I'M BEING SERIOUS HERE OLD MAN!" Mika yelled, getting everyone's attention, all eyes were currently focused on them.

"Haha kids." Westley chuckled as he took Mika, dragging him out of the room. He took him out into the hallway which was empty. "Son, what exactly is your problem?"

"You are." Mika said. "I'm being very serious, I'm telling you that I still have my carrier mark, I saw it, stop brushing it aside as a joke, take it seriously dad."

"There's no possible way you could have seen it." Westley said. "At least not without-" He trailed off and looked at Mika.

"Not without what?" Mika asked.

"It's nothing, just forget it." Westley said.

"So is it true?" He asked. "Could my carrier still possibly be alive?" Westley was silent for a moment trying to look for what to say to Mika. "Dad answer me, please, I just want to know."

Westley sighed. "Yes." He murmured.

"What?" Mika asked.

"Yes, your carrier is alive." Westley said.

Mika didn't know how to respond to this, after more than six hundred years of believing that his carrier was dead, he was now hearing that he was alive. So many emotions whirled up inside him, he wanted to ask questions but couldn't even move. The shock was too much for him.

"Why?" He finally managed to say something. "All those years, you told me, told everyone that he was dead, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" He raised his voice showing how annoyed he was.