chapter one - kyele ( waking up sucks)

I open my eyes to a world of light and sound all piercing my skull. It appears I am lying on a bed in a room that seems to be normal , with a basic nightstand , TV ,and metal chair. The only thing that looks out of place in such a mundane room is the beautiful girl , probably about age 16 with bright red hair and piercing violet eye's , who Sits lazily on the edge of the nightstand next to my bed.

"Where... Where am I..."I ask totally clueless to my current situation. "so you've finally decided to join the land of the living , you've been out for ages Kyele"she replies using a name I've never heard before."why'd you call me Kyele" I ask curiously. " well because that's your name silly" she exclaims eyes sparkling with delight and sarcasm.

I start to get up , but stop when pain lances through my body, sending me into a world of hurt." Try not to move just yet"the mysterious girl says as she leans forward, pressing a hand to my bare chest pushing me back against the bed."

So with nothing better to do I close my eyes and lay there , trying to straighten out the many thoughts that were jumbling around in my head."I can tell your pretty confused right now ,so I'll answer three questions about anything you want to know "she says adding a mischievous wink in for good measure. Okay three questions hmm....... And I ask my first question ."who are you". "well my real name is Ember, but my friend's call me Em", " And Where am I exactly" I implored. "oh that question is easy to answer" she said with a small chuckle. " Your underground in a very secretive place." "So who exact......." And then she stops me before I can even get the final question out."you only have one question left so be wise about it, in my own words, you got ta think , think,think about it" she sang.

I pause to make sure the question I am about to ask is a smart one ( not like some of the other questions I wanted to ask at the moment like whether she had a boyfriend or not) and then I ask the question.

"Who am I ."

"well that last question is a lot harder to answer. You see your many different things to many different people .To me your my wisecracking , sarcastic but sometimes serious boyfriend, but to the rest of the people outside of this room, you are there quote , unquote fearless leader" Ember said .

Now I'm sure my head is about to explode from the sheer weight of all these revelations that were just dropped on my already weary mind.

" so your telling me that I'm supposed to be this great leader guy who is also your boyfriend, even though I've only been conscious for just a few minute's?". "Yup that's exactly what I'm telling you and I expect you till live up to every bit of who you are" she says in a very stubborn monotone."well how am I even supposed to be any of these things when I'm totally clueless , I don't even know what I look like". "Well I can help you find out , if you just ask......." She says with that Same joking , mischievous gleam in her eyes."

Ugggggg " I groan. "Fine can you please show me what I look like" I say in the most pathetic voice I can muster. "Well since you asked so nicely , I guess I can show you , here let me help you out of bed" Ember offers.

She leans over the side of the bed , her crimson hair dangling precariously close to my face . that's strange I thought. Her hair smells like to me like the sweet scent of burning pine wood. I look a little farther down too below the neckline of her plain white t- shirt to see two other things d just over my face." Hey buster , my eyes are up here " she says noticing what my eyes are directed towards.

I look away suddenly a deep blush reddening my cheeks." Hey don't worry too much about this whole memory thing" she says as she grabs both of my shoulders lifting me up off the plain white sheets, and stretching her arm around my shoulder to support my weight." If you can't remember why you fell for me the first time , I'll make sure you remember why (and I think your already Starting to remember )"she whispers the last part in my ear .

Her warm voice sends shivers down my spine, not the cold unpleasant shivers you get when your cold ,but the shivers you get from excitement.

we stumble across the room and through an electronic sliding door that leads to the bathroom. Ember flicks the light on and we stand before a mirror. I see her flawlessly beautiful reflection in the mirror move behind me to support my weight, because frankly standing on my own is quite tiring as of now.

I take a second look in the mirror and see a strangely alien figure staring back at me. This can't be what I look like , because the figure in the mirror is too perfect to possibly be me. The figure is tall , just a head taller than Ember ,wearing Kaki cargo shorts, with wavy dark brown almost black hair that hangs just above the figures eye's, which happened to be an light shade of blue and purple. My bare chest Is leanly muscled and my skin had a fine tan too it. I touch a well calloused hand to my face gently pulling on it to make sure it wasn't just an illusion or a mask of some sort. " Yeah I would know first hand you how good look." Ember said eyes still scanning my body.

I was examining my eyes in the mirror when my legs suddenly started feeling like jelly. I collapse falling backwards , but fortunately enough for me Ember was there to catch me.

" well looks like your still pretty low on essence. You probably need to rest.

"what is essence" I ask never hearing a word like that.

"It'll be explained to you soon , but right now you need to rest" Ember says ,biting her lip with a worried exspereation masking her face .

She leads me back over to the bed , and I collapse into the covers.

" Well see you tomorrow " she says walking away from me towards another sliding door that leads out of the room.

" Hey Em" I say waiting for a reply. I'm lying on my side away from her , facing a wall , but I can still hear her pause.
"I don't remember this other Kyele I'm supposed to be to everyone else, so is it okay if I be my own Kyele."

I can't see her face but I know she is smiling." I wouldn't rather have it any other way," then I hear the electronic door slide open then close and I'm am all alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well thanks for reading guys. I know there's not that much action in this chapter but there's plenty in the next. I'll publish the next chapter soon until then.........;) the picture is Kyele. I want to set a goal for this chapter of 50 views and 20 votes please ( this won't ever stop new chapters from coming if you don't reach it)remember hit that star!!!!!