chapter two -Ember( she's a walking fire hazard)

Authors notice: Hi guys the picture for this chapter is Ember!

I exit the room, leaving Kyele with his thoughts. I'm sure if I would've stayed in that room a moment longer I would've broken down and just cried. just seeing Kyele like that with no past recollection of all the things he's been through, correction that we've been through .

I Walk down the hallway at a brisk pace not stopping to stare at the metallic walls that I have know for so long now .

I remember I was fourteen ,when we first moved down to this underground base.I remember crying and screaming , and kicking with all my might because I didn't want to be down here separated from the surface world even if about nintey percent of the earth had turned into desolate land and the other  ten percent turned to  islands that floated on the  now rare seas and rivers.

I turn left onto the next corridor and almost bump into my brother Ash. His real name is Asher , but we call him Ash because of his ash white hair and quite personality. "Hey bro haven't seen you in a while , where ya been". "um training , he mutters quietly in his dry quite tone. "How's the work with the smoke essence coming." Ehhh same old same old" he says. He concentrates pulling in deep breaths then puffing you out short ones. Then with just a flick of  his wrist he summons the essence of smoke deep from within himself.

Now that may sound cheesy but we actually have orbs of pure elements in place of where our hearts should be. These orbs are called  essence . When our essence pulsates it pumps the essence all over our bodies were it can be manifested with a flick of the wrist or at the snap of a finger.

With that being said  wisps of smoke start to rise from his hand and form into a ball ,which he proceeds to manipulate  turning it into different shapes with but  a twitch from his fingers. first the shape of a small spear the a knife and finnaly a whip. With that he closed his fist and the smoke disappeared. " I see you've gotten better at the control aspect of your powers" I say proud of my younger brothers accomplishment." I guess I've gotten a little better" he replies sheepishly head down records the ground in a failed attempt to hide the coming blush that he knows I'm sure to see.

" Hey don't get so cocky I'm still better than you" I remind him.

" Oh really now is that a challenge " Ash says head tilted up the least bit with the excitement of a challenge burning in those cool grey eyes of his.

"Maybe it is" I comeback with mirrored intensity in my own voice and eyes." You see there's a reason when I was born that they named me Ember. I guess I'll have to remind you of why that is" and with that too I summon my essence. Now the essence of fire is way different from the essence of smoke, as all essences are different ,but fire is unique. Fire can't be contained or controlled , it completely  consumes whatever it pleases.

I stretch out my arm's and feel the essence of fire coat my body in a warm red-blue aura. I look to see if Ash has backed down yet , but he still stands there stoically taking the heat like it's nothing. " Is that all you've got hotshot, your basically just a fire hazard that needs to be put out" he croons. " Fine just remember you wanted this for you yourself" I warn him and then I crank up the heat.

The aura that cloaks my body goes from red-blue to a blue-white , and my crimson hair starts to float , glowing it's own shade of  blue-white. My eyes are filled with flames and the next time I look at Ash it's true fear I see in his eyes. He's scampered as far as he possibly could down the hall  trying to get as far away as he can from me. The realization that I scared someone I loved brought me back to my senses. I close my eyes and  take a couple of deep breaths raining the killing  flames back into my chest.

When I open my eyes I notice that the metal walls around me have started to melt and that there is a ten foot scorch ring around me. I also notice the fact that the floor directly beneath me shows no signs of a burn mark. That means I must have been hovering, that's new. I walk over to my brother and give him a hand up. He greatfully takes it and I pull him into a deep hug. " I'm sorry Ash I didn't mean to be that intense" I apologize and I mean it. " That's okay I shouldn't have goaded  you" he  says sincerely." Well you know what they say." No I don't know what they say" Asher replies. "They say where there's Embers there's Ashes."

I tell him and then we walk down the corridor to our separate rooms that are across the hall from each other and then we turn in for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well that's it for chapter two. There wasn't much action In chapter one but things are speeding up pretty quickly. Please vote, share with everyone you know and don't know, follow me ,and comment what you think should happen in the future chapters. Also if anyone has any fan art  please show me because I'm looking for a new cover. Remember to vote, and another chapter should be out soon until then.............;) . I want to set a goal for 40 views and 20 votes. common guys I'm counting on you😉