Chapter three -kyele (breakfast of champions)

Authors notice :Hey guys this picture is Ash!

This time when I wake up it isn't to a feeling of pain. It's to a feeling of being totally refreshed . I sit up and stretch, noticing that the pain is gone. From my bed I pad into the bathroom where I remove my clothes and hop into the shower.

I lean my head forward against the shower wall letting the water cascade through my wavy dark brown hair and down my back. I clean my body thoroughly and step out of the shower. I then wrap a towel around my waist and exit the bathroom. That's when I hear the nock on my door.

I freeze in my tracks not knowing who it might be." Who is it?" I ask inquiring about the identity of my mystery visitor." It's Ember , open the door Kyele!" I can't I'm naked , I don't have any clothes on!" " Listen hon you don't have anything I haven't seen before so open up now!" "What's that supposed to mean!". "remember the whole girlfriend thing." And then that's when things get even more awkward ,like they weren't awkward enough before.

"Well listen"Ember says voice muffled through the closed door. "I'll leave a digital map outside your door that leads to the Commons room.. If you don't know what that is that's were we eat ,Anyway come out when your ready, we won't start without you." She says ,and then her footsteps fade away from my door.

I scramble to frantically get dressed . " Where would the clothes be in this dang room? " I ask myself, and that's when I remember the nightstand.

I pull open the first drawer and , neatly folded up inside is a pair of Kaki shorts , a grayish white shirt made of some type of weird stretchable fabric, a necklace with some symbol on it , and finnaly a pair of brown flops. I throw everything on , and run out the door almost stepping on the data sheet that tells me where the Commons are.

I squat down and pick up the thin glass sheet , and glance at the map . I blanch. This place is way bigger than I thought it was. All the corridors led to the center where the area was named the training room. A little bit off to the side , was the room I was trying to get too , the Commons room. I swiped the top part of the screen and opened the settings. I scrolled down until I saw a box that was unchecked, it's name was system AI.

I checked the box activating the artificial intelligence and realize my mistake almost immediately. "Hello!"
I will be your personal guide today , I would tell you my name but I'm not supposed to have a name and if others found out I did have one they would shut me down , but you can call me Mort" .... and on and on his voice droned , telling me unnecessary information about himself that I honestly didn't care about.

"look Mort, can you guide me to the Commons room" I finnaly ask tired of his whining. " Of course I can guide you. Would you like to learn more about the facilities while we walk." Um yeah ,sure just get me there Mort" , I say absentmindedly. So then we began to walk.

" As mistress Ember has already told you , we are underground, approximately 300ft deep. The reason we are down here is because people want you for what you can do." what exactly can I do ,Mort." " Well you're time manipulation related abilities and the others abilities aren't seen as normal. Everyone feared you and bombed the cities where you lived ,so as a result we hid under ground to regroup and train. I was still stuck on the part where I had time abilities."Mort if I had this ability before why haven't I been able to use it yet". " Well that's simple your power is sleeping , because you've been unconscious for long time. All you have to do is reawaken your power and you'll be good to go , would tell you more but you'll learn all you need to know at training."

Mort goes silent for probably the first time in his artificial life. I'm so lost in my thoughts that when Mort announces that were here I almost drop the data sheet from the sheer surprise of hearing a voice again.I turn Mort off and the door slides automatically aside for me to enter.

The Commons looks like I thought it would. It looked well furnished with a refrigerator , plush couches and a table that had three figures seated around it , two I didn't recognize. The first was a boy with Ash white hair and a pale complexion. The second figure was girl who had black hair exept for a shock of blue highlights in the front. Ember , who happened to be the third person at the table rose and greeted me. " So you finnaly made it down " you don't know these two so I'll introduce you. The quite boy with ash white hair is my brother Asher who goes by ash. The girls name is jolt. She gives a short wave and pulls out a chair for me to sit down. Ember glares at her and jolt glares back. I can sense that there's something going on between them but I take a seat anyway.

On the table are eggs , bacon, and pancakes the breakfasts of champions. It seemed being out for months and running through endless hallways could make one quite hungry. I start to shove my face with food and for some reason I start to cry. " What's wrong" Ember ask thinking these are tears of sadness, but no these are tears of joy. It's just this is so good!!! Well of course it is I made it Jolt says with a flirtatious giggle.

" Coming there's someone I want you to meet" Em says in a forcefully tone. " But I just got started eating.

" Now!!" She yells grabbing my hand and pulling me from the room. I turn around waving good bye to Jolt and Ash. They wave back and then their out of sight.

"So there's more people here, all I've seen is people my age" I ask still very chipper from the great breakfast. "Yes were going to meet Amp" she says through clenched teeth. " And the reason we haven't seen any adults is because there all on a scouting mission to get more supplies." So who is this Amp guy. "Oh I think you'll like him"she says with a diabolical grin and with that we head to the training room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~. Well folks that's it for chapter three. This was meant to be one of the more fun chapters. Make sure to vote , comment , and share and if you have any fan art for any of the character please send it to me at @ jayquicksilverr@gmail.com, I'm still looking for a new cover. The picture is Ash. A new chapter will be arriving soon and as always until next time. Remember to hit that star on the way out!