Chapter Ten -Kyele ( The journey begins )

As presumed breakfast the next day was wrought with tension. Especially since I was stuck sitting between Ember and Jolt. Between the death glares they were exchanging I was scared my eggs would catch fire or that my fork would suddenly shock me.

Not being able to take it anymore I rose from the table to leave , but in doing so caused my food to flip, flying straight onto my clothes.

Everybody looks at me.

I look at them.

And then we all burst out laughing and the tension disappears. I head twords the door to go clean myself off but  stop when my mother walks into the room. She has an exited look on her face and I can tell something is up.

"Ember your going to love what I'm about to say"

Ember let out an audible gasp.

"So its finnaly that time!!!"

"Yup it's that time"my mother replied.

" Can someone please let me in on this because Im just a little confused" I say hoping someone will enlighten me.

Ember rises to stand on the table her face radiant."Guys were leaving this hellhole. We're going on an infiltration mission on the surface. Pack your bags guys cause we're going to the capital!!!!!!"

all five of us let out an loud cheer. I'm finnaly going to some fresh air. One thing irkes me though. If the capital is so far away how are we going to get there? I voice my question and I get a most unbelievable answers.

It seems were going to fly there. Now to understand why this is such a problem , they mean fly withought the aid of machines like airplanes. They mean flying using their essences.

Before I can even ask how it's even possible to fly, everyone has already dashed out of the room leaving me behind to get ready for the long trip ahead.

***
In the end all we needed to bring with us were the E-suits. The whole point of the mission after all is too find out if anything is going on that could be potentially dangerous and report back. We are going for stealth not thrills. Even so I could stop the waves of exitment that corced through my body. We all reassembled in the Commons room, dressed in our sleek, black, E-suits ready for adventure. soon it was time to leave.

I saw my mother leaning against the wall so I go to tell her goodby. Before I can get the words out she envelopes me in a bear hug and makes me promise that I will come back. Instead I hug her and join the others who are standing at the base of a metal door. The door slides open revealing a ladder. We all climb up one by one and just when I think I can't climb any higher I see a metal hatch. Since I'm the first one up the ladder I take the responsibility of pushing it open , letting harsh sunlight into the dark bunker below. I take a deep breath, and then I climb out to stand on the surface.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late update guys. I couldn't publish caus no wifi for one and two I've been feeling kind of sick so I've been sleeping alot more. Thankfully I feel better now so as long as the wifi holds ill upload some more soon. Until then check out my otherbook afterlife online the frozen Bow. Don't be afraid to hit that star and I'll see you guys soon!😉✍