T W E L V E - Serious Bro?

Chapter Twelve - Serious Bro?

"The past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it,"

-Rafiki, The Lion King

●●●

Flash. My dad's camera flashes as he takes a group picture of us. Bethany and Nicole pull me into the kitchen where there's no one around. Camden, Chris and Lucas talk amongst themselves. I take a step back and look at their outfits.

Nicole wears a golden dress that ends mid-thigh. The top part is lace with little bits of gold glitter on it. She pairs it with white platform shoes and wears a flower crown that has white flowers. Bethany has the exact same outfit but in blue and black. The look on their faces when they pulled me into the kitchen went from gleeful to distress.

"You guys went all 2015 meme on me? You also give me this dress to wear!" I exaggerate gesturing to my dress.

"Yes because you haven't given yourself enough attention, you look amazing anyway," Bethany says. Nicole elbows her in the rib making Bethany blurt out an 'ow'. "When we were setting up the dance, we saw May in the back with a thumb drive that was all pink and sparkly. She was doing this weird evil laugh while saying 'Fatty Ginger is so dead!'. We guessed that the thumb drive was something you needed to know. Whatever she's up to, it's definitely not good."

I stood there in silence. My life is over if she shows that to all the students of Graham Park. Soon the whole school will know I'm a slut. Ugh, that sounds too weird.

"What are you going to do Ruby?" Nicole asks. "This is obviously a problem to you." Well no shit. I really don't know what to do.

"I still have that video of Manny. We could swap that with whatever video she has in that Barbie thumb drive," Bethany suggests. Manny? Oh, May and Danny. That is a terrible ship name. The idea though doesn't seem that bad.

"No. We can't steep as low as May," I say. We aren't the kind of people to bully people, even if it is May. We all look at each other. We nod our heads to confirm. That's it. It's SexyBack time.

...

"Who's car is the Black BMW?" Camden asks. It obviously isn't mine because I like smaller cars. It isn't Bethany or Nicole's because they are just like me. It might be Chris if he stole it but god forbid if he did grandma Tammy would not be impressed. That would leave...

"That would be mine," Lucas says. Apparently while we were in the kitchen, the boys hit it off pretty well. I would have never guessed the nerdy asshole would be friends with the jocks.

"Serious bro?" Oh no, not the bro thing again. "Sweet ride. Are You taking Ruby to the dance right? Danny said he'll be here in an hour but we aren't going to wait for that ass," Chris says fist bumping Lucas.

"Yeah, is Danny that bad?" Lucas says. We all widen our eyes at his question.

"No shit!" We all exclaim at him. He takes a step back putting his hands in the air. He looks so adorable when he smiles when he's embarrassed, I'm not going to deny it. I check that I have everything in my purse that matches my shoes; my phone, twenty dollars and my rape whistle.

"We should go now," Camden acclaims. We all go into our designated cars; Camden and Nicole go in his black Range Rover, Chris and Bethany in his blue sports car then Lucas and I in his black BMW. I touch the leather of the chair in the car. I feel like if I sit on this some axe murderer would kill me then steal the seat. Lucas enters the car then starts the ignition. Chris and Camden's cars already left.