T H I R T E E N - Cause I Gotta Have Faith

Chapter Thirteen - Cause I Gotta Have Faith

"Our fate lives within us; you only have to be brave enough to see it."

- Merida, Brave

●●●

Lucas turns on the radio, flicking through the different stations before turning it off and connecting his phone to his car. He chooses a song from his phone. He blasts out 'Faith'. Yes, the one by George Michael.

"Seriously? This is so old," I say judging the music choice. It isn't bad, one of my favourites actually, it's just an unusual song choice for Lucas.

"Cause I gotta have faith." Oh no, he's singing now. "I gotta have faith." No, stop being so dang adorable. Did I just mentally say dang? I can't help but smile. I also can't help that his singing sounds familiar. Wait...

"You were the Mystery Act weren't you?," I say as I came to realise. I knew his singing sounded familiar. He stops singing and smiles. We reach the 'special place' Lucas was talking about and now I see why it was so special. A beach. The water glistened like Edward Cullen's skin. The tide subtlely rolled in and out. No street noise. Only lighting from the moon and the stars. We step out of the car and headed towards the beach. I took off my heels once we got to the part where the grass met the sand. My feet sunk into the sand. We reach a medium sized boulder which was large enough so that our feet could be submerged into the water. We sit side by side.

"This is amazing. I wonder why there's no one here?" I say looking out into the ocean.

"It's because we're on private property,"

"Hold up. We're trespassing?"

"Let me rephrase. It's because we're on my private property." I look at him in shock. He owns a beach. A fucking beach.

"You own this," I gesture my hand to the beach, "and a bunch of fancy cars in your who-knows-how-big garage? What do you have? A small loan of a million dollars?" I laugh out.

"Not quite," he responds to my extremely bad joke.

"You shouldn't tell May. I mean I ain't saying she a gold digger."

"You did not just quote Kanye."

"Oh but I just did," I tease back. He smiles while gazing into my eyes with his hazel ones. Lucas, you have no idea what effect you have on me. He's so close to me. I can feel his body warmth radiating off him. I'm glad his warmth was here because I would have been frozen to death. My teeth start to chatter. Lucas touches my hand with his warm one.

"Jeez, aren't you freezing?"

"Pfft, no. The cold never bothered me anyways."

"I have a sweater in my car if you want it," Lucas asks. I feel my phone vibrate in my lap. I look at all 72 messages from Bethany, Nicole, Camden and Chris. Well shit. My phone must have turned off randomly and turned back on. I should get a new phone. I open my conversation with Camden.

Camden😈: WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU?

Camden😈: LEGIT WE ARE WORRIED

Camden😈: THERE'S LIKE A WHOLE CARRIE SITUATION GOING ON

Camden😈: IS LUCAS THERE WITH YOU?

Camden😈: IF HE IS DON'T GET KINKY

Camden😈: USE PROTECTION BTW

Camden😈: Something bad just happened

Camden😈: Call me as soon as possible

Camden😈: Please.