Mom's Interference/The Penthouse

inside Ryan's mansion^^^

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
-Dr. Seuss

Georgia was not surprised when she woke up to find the bed empty

He was really an early riser that was for sure.

Her thoughts were cut shut when she heard voices from downstairs yelling at each other.

Yawning, vshe said a prayer before climbing out of the bed and and going to the bathroom where she took her bath and used the new toothbrush she saw in the cabinet. Putting on her old cloth she started going downstairs after stopping by her room to change into new clothes.

She saw the maids giving her pitiful looks as she passed and wondered why.

Her question was answered when She saw the scene downstairs.

Ryan and his mom were in a heated argument and there was no surprise at the fact that it was about her but what caught her eyes was the duffel bag filled with her clothing from Diedre on the floor beside Ryan's mom.

"Mom give me that bag this instant!" Ryan yelled at her.

She yelled back." No I won't. Cant you see she's taking advantage of you! She has bewitched you! Just look at you fighting with your own mother."

Ryan ran his hand through his hair in fustration. He was putting on a pair of track pants and a grey t-shirt.

He had woken up this morning to the sound of his mother yelling downstairs and didn't have the opportunity to stare at Georgia while she was asleep without any interruption like he always did whenever he was unable to sleep.

He loved sleeping with her, whenever she was with him he did not have the occasional nightmares that had always haunted him or the panic attacks.

He had woken up this morning to hear his mother yelling downstairs and had come down to find his mother throwing Georgia's stuff below the staircase.

"For crying out loud mom, this is my house, I bought it with my own money. Why cant you mind your own business. Why do you want sofia to v bee your daughter in law so much. For crying out loud mom, if you really want to help me you'll tell sofia to leave me alone! She was the one who made me this way!

She was the one who made me to never trust any other woman again but Georgia is making me change! And I'm trying to be a better person for her! If there is anyone who you should try to protect me from then it should be Sofia!" By the time he was done he was breathing fast and he could feel h I s anger getting
Out of control. He tried to take deep breaths to calm himself. So far he had done a great job of controlling his anger issues. The last time he had almost lost control was when Sofia had come to visit him but right now his mother was going to make him loose every ounce of respect he had for her.

"Mother please get out, I need to start preparing for work. "

"Oh, would you see that? !" She turned to stare at the workers that had gathered to watch the fight. "He's sending his own mother out!" Then she turned to stare back at him." If I leave this house, you are disowned. It's either I leave or she leaves." His mother moved closer to his face as she said those words.

His eyes widened. What had come over his mother. She had never been like this when they were still poor but it seemed the money had gotten into her head. If he disowned her it was going to be her loss cuz he owned everything thing she had.

"Fi-"

"I'll leave."

He turned to see Georgia standing there.
How long had she been there?