new story: A Thanksgiving Miracle

Hey guys , pls check out my new story. Its short, 6 chapters max. Pls check it out and vote, share, comment etc.  I'll be dedicating  chapters to first five commentators, so pls comment. Here's the description and prologue:

Description:

Joan and Gage Spencer have been married for 8 years with a 7 years old daughter named Rena . With Gage's job as a private investigator always coming between them, their marriage has not been the best, heck, it is far from the best, and when they finally give up on saving their !marriage, they head for divorce.

  But what happens when sweet little Rena goes missing just two weeks before Thanksgiving. Gage promises to get Rena back before Thanksgiving but he must have lost his mind for him to think Joan will let him do this alone.

  When these two are forced to be together 24/7, they realise that they have not lost all their spark, it has been buried under a lot of problems. Will they succumb to it or will his job always stand in the way? And just where could sweet Rena be?

Prologue

Verse of the chapter. Psalm 27:1: The Lord is my light and salvation; whom shall I fear? The lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Gage walked beside his little daughter Rena, with her tiny gloved hand in his. She had her Frozen backpack slung on her back while he help her with her lunch box. It was awfully uncomfortable, the silence that stretched between them. It was his turn to spend the day with her and they were walking home from her school.

  She kept staring at the ground as they walked. Could she also feel the awkwardness? Of course she would! They had barely spoken five sentences apart from the usual greetings. Could Joan had been right?, Was he actually more committed to his job than his own family?

  He stared down at the chubby girl with her mother's light skinned colour. Her black curly she took from him had been put into two pigtails with bright colored ribbons. As if sending he was looking at her, she rose her head, her bright green eyes slamming into him. Her lightly full lips were slightly opened, as if she wanted to say something. "Yes?",

  She took in a deep breath and stared back at the snow covered sidewalk as her bright yellow boots stepped on them. After a while she spoke." Do you love my mummy?"

    Gage took in a deep breath as he barely heard the question she had whispered to him. He forced himself to keep on walking as he contemplated the question.

  Did he love Joan?

He wasn't even sure anymore, did he ever even love her?,

He narrow ed his eyes, thinking. They had gotten married on their own will. No forces from either side, so they must have been in love.

Right?

  "Do you love me?", Rena voice brought out of his thoughts.

" Yes of course!"  He replied, shocked she will say that.

  He stopped walking and crouched to her height. Framing her pale face he made sure she focused on him." Don't you ever forget that. " he waited for a response but she just stared. When she spoke he wished she hadn't.

  "You are a liar. " her voice rose with each word. All the pent up anger let loose as she stared at him. Did they not know she also had feelings?! Passing her between themselves like a tennis ball. Couldn't they see she was hurting?! That they were not the only ones involved in this! " You don't love me! You don't love my mum! You're a liar! Well, you know what?! I hate you ! You a're not the only one who can hate ! I hate you too! So so much! You should just go! You don't deserve us! I don't want to see you! You're The Worst Father Ever!!!".

Before Gage could recover, she turned and ran as fast as she could into the woods having no idea where she was going but she had to get away from him, NOW!

    Gage ran after her as fast as he could but the thick trees formed various confusing patterns. He saw her yellow and red coat one second. The next he didn't.  Gage came to a halt looking a round. He could still see the road from here but down there was dark. He cupped his hands over his mouth and yelled her name once, twice, thrice.

  He ignored the feeling of dread lounging in his stomach and kept on searching for her, telling his instinct it was wrong.

  2hrs later~~£~

    Joan stared at her wrist watch again, Gage was supposed to bring Rena long ago, so where were they? She stared at lunch on the dining table. She'd have to heat it again.

  She groaned again, what if Gage had taken Rena and they had left?

  But even as the came, she knew it wasn't true, Gage wasn't like that. Wait a minute,! How would she even know? She didn't not know her soon-to-be ex-husband anymore.

  She rushed to the door as she finally heard a knock. Pausing, she raced back wanting to check her appearance.

   Hold on, why do I even care what he thinks?

With that she went back and opened the door. She saw a worried looking Gage at the door. Her heart skipped a beat when she didn't see Rena. The worried look on His face was getting to her.

" Where's Rena?"

Cliffhangeeeerrr!!!!!

What do you think? Pls don't give up on this book just yet. Keep on reading, and to my old readers, yes this is a new one, I hope u enjoy it.
Billionaire in disguise is on hold till next year.  Pls read, vote , comment, share.

No rude comments pls.

Not edited.

I'll update MTJHPA dis week.

God bless y'all