Chapter 2

Justin's Pov

As the Grammys came to an end, I looked around the arena for Ariana. I passed by various celebrities, greeting them with hugs, congratulating some, and taking some pictures. As I was still in search for Ariana, I saw someone I hoped I was going to be able to avoid tonight.

Selena.

And there she was smiling at me like nothing had happened. She will do anything for attention, it is so sad. Even though our whole relationship was based on promotion for both of our careers, it was dragged out so much that I actually became dangerously attached to her. I am so glad to say that I am over that stage in my life, and have taken all of those toxic people that didn't help me in that time out of my life. I quickly turn away from her as if I didn't know her.

I continue to look for Ariana. I know we were never really close friends but I always wanted us to be, so this is my chance. I want to be there for her; I know she already has a strong support system, but I just want to be able to add to that.

Somewhere in the midst of all the crowd, I spot her brown ponytail and white dress.

I walk over to her,"Ariana," she turns around and smiles once she realizes it's me, "would you like me to take you home?"

"Oh well, actually I'm gonna be having a little party at my house," She explains, "nothing too big, just me and my crew. They just want to help me forget about everything."

"Well, I wanna help to." Her eyes sweetly light up and gives me a big smile as I say that and nods her head calmly as an ok to me taking her.

"Hello." I'm greeted by Ariana's mom and grandmother. I give them each a hug, and her grandmother gives me a kiss on my cheek. I remember Ariana describing how in love she was with me back in the Believe Tour days. Wow that feels like it was centuries ago.

I smile as her mom opens her mouth to speak,"So, Ariana, ready to go?" She asks her.

"Yeah mommy, but actually Justin asked if he could take me home. So I'm gonna go with him." Ariana points to me and I give a nice grin to them.

"Oh okay," Her mom nods her head and her grandmother widens her eyes a bit.

"Ariana, darling, you just got out of a relationship." She exclaims.

Ariana and I laugh at her comment,"Nonna, I know. I don't intend on getting myself into another one. Justin is just trying to be a good friend." She assures her.

Nonna gives us a suspicious look at first but it soon turns into a look of approval as we make our way towards the exit.

We wave goodbye to them and make our way out of the still crazy packed arena with a few weird stares that we choose to ignore.

My bodyguard opens the door to my black escalde and we drive off to Ariana's house.

We arrive to her big white mansion. The gate opens and we get out of the car when my driver parks it in her big circular driveway.

"Come in." She says sweetly once we get to the door and she opens it.

I smile and enter her house spotting her dogs and well put together furniture. Everyone turns to look at us and smiles.

We wave at them and go over to sit down on one of Ariana's many couches.

I stare at all the pictures she has on her walls as we sit down on her white couch, catching a glimpse of her grand staircase and white marble floor.