Chapter 6

Justin's Pov

"We finally finished!" Ariana shouted with excitement while spinning in her chair as I looked over at her from my chair in front of the booth we just used to finish our duet.

I smiled at Ariana as she got out of her spinning chair and pulled me into an embrace.

"I'm so excited that we're finally gonna give our fans what they've been asking for." I said once we pulled away from our hug.

"I know right, it's going to be so fun promoting it together, and performing it together, and ugh I'm just so excited." Ariana exclaimed with happiness written all over her face.

"I'm going to call Scooter to let him know we finished it." I let her know as I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, and dialed his number. Even though it was about 4 in the morning, I knew Scooter would answer.

"Put it on speaker." Ariana says while pushing one of the buttons on the control panel to hear back a part of the song we've spent endless days and nights creating.

"Hey Justin is everything good?" Scooter said through the phone, obviously sounding like he was just asleep.

"We finished the duet!" Ariana shouted for him to hear through the speaker.

"Wow, that's great." Scooter sounded more awake now that he knew the good news.

"When do you guys want to put it out?" He asked the both of us.

"Well, we told our fans soon so.." I said trying to make him come up with a date, because Ariana and I really didn't care as long as it was out for our fans to have.

"What about April 1st, since it's this upcoming Friday." He suggests.

I look at Ariana for her opinion and she nods, speaking,"That would be perfect." She tells him and goes on to turn the song up so he could hear it.

"It sounds amazing guys!" Scooter exclaims excitedly through the phone.

"And since you guys want it out by next Friday, we'll have to do a photoshoot for the cover art of the single,"He continues and says,"How about Monday morning at about 9?" He asks us.

"Sounds good." I say to him with Ariana agreeing.

I hang up while sitting down in my chair next to Ariana.

"I'm so happy." Ariana says smiling big, while doing a little dance in her chair.

I smile back at her,"I am too." We then play the song and jam out to it for a little. Ariana resists the urge to put this moment on her snapchat by stuffing her phone in her bag.

I laugh at her action, and we both continue to talk about whatever is on our minds concerning the duet.

We talk about how grateful we are to Scooter for being so onboard with this project and wanting to put it out as soon as possible.

"Ariana," She looks over at me giving me her attention,"why did you fire Scooter." I ask the question I've always wanted to hear the answer to.

She looks at me with a little sadness forming in her eyes and looks down at the floor,"It's not like he wasn't the best manager, because he was, but I was just so in love with Ricky that I let him control me and put things in my head, because I was under the impression that he knew what was best for me," I close my eyes, trying not to show my anger,"And because of that dumb mistake and misjudgment, I let go of what made my career stronger and better." She laughs in disbelief,"I can't believe I actually let him brainwash me. I honestly just did it to please him which makes me sick thinking about it now." She almost whispers, getting upset and putting her elbows on her knees, her head falling with her luscious hair covering her face.