|| NINETEEN ||

"Yoongi."

Yoongi turned around to face the person who called his name. It was Mr. Park, a smiling Mr. Park.

"Mr. Park," Yoongi said, flashing his own gummy smile.

Mr. Park patted Yoongi's back and slung his arm over Yoongi's shoulders.

"So you guys are leaving half an hour from now?" Mr. Park asked.

Yoongi nodded.

"Alright. Do you want to have a cup of coffee before you leave, hmm Yoongi?"

"Why not?" Yoongi said, a bit confused on why Jimin's dad was asking him to have coffee with him.

"Cmon, the coffee's ready. I prepared it in the veranda. Veranda is a good place to talk, you know," Mr. Park said, walking ahead to the veranda.

A good place to talk.

To talk.

Yoongi wondered what Mr. Park wanted to talk about. Nonetheless, he followed him and entered the veranda.

Mr. Park had always been easy and fun to talk with. He's always laughing and joking, never failing to ease a stiff atmosphere. But for some reason, Yoongi felt a bit nervous right now. It was like having THE TALK to your girlfriend's scary dad. But of course, that thought was very weird and nonsensical, so he just pushed it at the back of his mind.

"How do you take your coffee, Yoongi?" Mr. Park asked as he sat on one of the two chairs in the veranda.

Between the two chairs was a round table. The Park's house was very nice. They were rich, after all.

Yongi sat on the other chair and casually crossed his legs. "Black," he answered.

But really, it's not black. He's a sweet tooth and preferred to put as much sugar to his coffee.

He just said that to look swag.

"Alright then," Mr. Park said, preparing Yoongi's black coffee. "So how's your health? I know you get so stressed when comebacks and promotions come around."

Yoongi sipped the coffee. Damn, it's too bitter. "I'm doing fine. We've been given a few rest days here and there."

Mr. Park nodded and then there's silence.

After a few more sips from his black coffee, Yoongi thought that Mr. Park would not say anything more, but a few more minutes after, he spoke up.

"Yoongi... about Jimin..." he said, and then sighed. "You see Yoongi, Jimin had grown up not having much trouble in getting what he wants since we have the money. But we raised him in a way that he learned to work hard for it, to not rely simply on money. He's a very responsible child. He enjoys taking care of others and is not afraid to show that he cares and wants to help.

"He's also very cheerful and is really noisy sometimes, but that personality is what makes the people around him smile too. The thing about Jimin is that... he cares a lot for others but he does not want others to worry for him. He always lies about what he truly feels. That's why many people didn't know that he is-"

"That he is vulnerable," Yoongi finished for Mr. Park. Mr. Park smiled, but Yoongi did not see it because he was busy staring at his cup.

Yoongi licked his lip and continued. "He always pretends to smile and always says that he's okay, but his mind is actually filled with many insecurities and worries. If he's upset, he denies it. If he's hurt, he pretends he's not. The funny thing is, even though how much he denies it with words, it's so obvious in his face. He's smile is never the same when he's disappointed, and he looks really miserable if he's thinking about something that's worrying him. Jimin is quite predictable, but very sensitive too."