Chapter 5

---------------------------------------------
The next morning I walked into the schools doors and everyone stopped and stared at me, laughing at my bandaged nose.

Rebecca's voice came from across the hall, "Amy! Did you get a nose job?" she asked, deviously.

Everyone got out their phones and started taking pictures, my face turned red, covering my nose. Someone came in behind me and put their arm around my shoulder. It was Cole, he was leading me to History. He always came at right times.

For once when we went to History, Dalton didn't do anything, or say anything. All he did was look at us in fury. At lunch, Cole and I sat side by side at the trashcans. Auditions were that day, and I was so worried. Cole kept reassuring me, but I could tell he was nervous to audition too.

Dalton walked up to the trash, glared at Cole, and dumped his trash on him, spilling ketchup and sauce all over Cole's white shirt. Dalton quickly walked away smirking, and Cole instantly stood up and started wiping himself with napkins.

"Oh my god, your shirt." I said, looking at it, which was a disaster.

Cole sighed, "Great. Now I'll have to change into my gym shirt for the audition."

"It's okay. The kind of shirt you're wearing won't determine if you get a part." I said, trying to reassure him.

He smiled at me, "I guess," he looked at Dalton and Rebecca's table, they were eyeing us. "You...you should probably come with me." he said.

I was about to question him, but I met where his gaze was. I didn't want to face them alone, I was truly terrified of them after what they had done to me. I just wanted to be with Cole, and Cole only. I got up and we both walked down the hall and made our way to the guy's gym locker room.

"I wait here." I said, standing outside the door. Cole just smirked, and went inside.

I had just went on my phone when I heard screaming and banging coming from down the hall.

"SO YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU DIDN'T GET IN TROUBLE FOR THAT?!" a guy screamed.

I peaked my head around the corner and saw Dalton smash Rebecca into the wall.

"DALTON! What the hell?! You get away from me!" She screamed.

Dalton lifted his fist and looked like he was about to swing at her when I gasped and ran into the locker room. I turned around panting and ran right into Cole. And his shirt was...off. He put his hand over my mouth and pulled me close, trying to make me be quiet. I guess he had heard it too. My heart was beating faster being this close to him. His skin was so warm, and soft.

He put his ear up to the door, and his eyes widened. I heard more slamming and pounding, and screams. Why wasn't anyone coming to help? Why wasn't anyone stopping this?

I didn't think we could be any closer, but Cole hugged me tighter, his chin resting on my head. The noise outside finally stopped, but we held there for minutes after.

"It's okay," he whispered, his lips barely touching my ear.

Cole stood me up, as I remembered that we were sitting right outside the door.
He pulled away to see my face, still frozen in shock. I finally got a good look at him, and I had no idea he had a six pack. I guess he wasn't so dorky after all.

I blushed when he caught me staring. He gave a mischievous smile and grabbed his gym shirt, sliding it on.
He saw a flicker of disappointment in me when he did, and he silently laughed.

"Sorry love." He smirked. He grabbed my hand and we walked out of the locker room.

Down the hall where I last saw Dalton and Rebecca, and bunch of kids were gathered around, and the principal was there. We approached and saw Rebecca in the middle of it, she turned to face in our direction, and she had a swollen black eye.

I gasped and covered my mouth. Did Dalton do this? Cole saw my reaction and led me away, pulling me to the side.

"Shh." That's all he said. You could tell he was pretty shocked too.

We stared in silent for a minute.

"Don't be afraid, I won't let anything like that happen to you." He whispered, practically reading my mind.

I nodded, and we both separated, heading to class.

For the rest of the day, I avoided Dalton, wondering why he wasn't suspended already. My head was filled with my audition, Rebecca, Dalton, and especially Cole. Something happened to me in the locker room that day, and it stabbed me right in the heart. I don't know why but I just couldn't stop thinking about him. Especially with his shirt off.

RIIIIIINNNNGGG

There went the bell. My whole body was shaking with nervousness. End of school, it was audition time. I quickly got my bag and slowly walked to the doors of the theatre room. I wanted Sandy so badly. Yeah, I might've not had the short blonde hair but only red, long hair. But this was a school show, not Broadway. Talent was the only thing that mattered. Did I even have that?

Groups of people kept walking in, while I stood outside trying to calm myself. But I couldn't, it was too hard. I wanted this too much. I started walking away, tears steaming down my face. I bumped into somebody, but I didn't care, I couldn't think.

"Sorry.." I mumbled, trying to move out of their way.

They stopped me, and I felt someone pull the hair out of my face. I blinked, getting the tears out of my eyes so I could see more clearly.

"Cole." I muttered desperately, pulling him in and hugging him tight.

"Amy. Why are you crying?" He asked concerned. God, why did he have be so cute when he cared about me?

"Are you nervous? No, sweetheart don't be. You are so talented." He stared into my eyes, so that I could see he was being serious.

How did he know I was nervous? I could've been hurt for all he knew. He knows me too well.

"You haven't even heard me sing," I squeaked, my voice cracking.

"I have in Choir," he said, "This may sound weird, but I would always stand next to you just to hear you sing, so that I could listen to you out of everybody else."

Ugh. Why did he have to make me feel better? I was suppose to feel crappy and scared. He just has to come along and make my life better. Is there some kind of catch here? Do I have to pay for all this somehow? This can't be all for free. He's too perfect.

He grabbed my hand tight, "We're both going to be fine."

Somehow, I believed him, and my shaking and nervousness just disappeared. Can I take him along everywhere? He is so helpful for these kinds of situations. I walked with him inside the theatre doors. I didn't care if I got a part anymore, as long as I had Cole. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true.