Chapter 26

It was Spring Break and I was glad to take time off of school. Especially with Cole. 

I never really told him I broke up with Dylan. I needed to take a break from this whole dating thing. I honestly don't think I'll last long, but I can give it a shot, right? 

Mary dropped me and Cole off at the bowling alley we were going to meet Dalton and his "friend" at. And by "friend" I mean someone I'm pretty sure Dalton likes. Even though Dalton assurred to me over the phone that "We are just friends and nothing more." 

Cole and I got our bowling shoes and picked out our bowling balls just in time to see Dalton come through the doors with his friend following closely behind.

"Gabe?!" I focused my attention to the boy beside Dalton. Cole raised his eyebrows at the sight, his lip twitching into a smile. 

"I always knew there was something off about him." Cole whispered into my ear.

"Cole!" I slapped him in the stomach, earning a grunt. I ran to catch up with Dalton and gave him a hug, looking at Gabe over his shoulder.

"Uh, hi Gabe." I said wearily while pulling away from the hug. 

I had never been too fond of Gabe for many reasons. Like how he threatened me all the time because of Dalton, slammed me against a wall because of Dalton, and helped stuff me into a toilet because of Dalton. You know, now that I think about it, this really isn't a suprise. 

"I hope you don't mind that I brought him." Dalton said, giving me an apologetic smile.

"Pfft, of course not! Why would it be?" I gave Gabe a "we can try to be friends hopefully" smile and nudged him with my elbow.  He glared at me in response. 

"I know why." Cole's stern voice appeared beside me, "Would you like me to remind you?" 

"Cole." I stared at him. "That was in the past. Today is the present. Let's all just get along." 

Cole rolled his eyes and ushered us to our lane. Sounds of pins crashing into each other filled my ears. People's voices of laughing and cheering boomed through the room, with an exception of the few people grunting and groaning about their score. 

Cole and I waited as Dalton and Gabe put on their bowling shoes, laughing about something while doing so. I could tell by the way Dalton looked at him that there is something more going on than just "friends." I honestly never expected Gabe to turn out this way, but hey, I felt the same about Dalton. 

They finished their shoes and we all put our names on the screen, in the order: Cole, Amy, Dalton, Gabe. Cole purposely had Gabe go last, which I couldn't help but roll my eyes. 

Cole was first up. He took his green ball got ready, he had perfect form when he rolled it down the lane in a steady, straight  line down the middle. He got a strike.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." I heard Gabe say next to me. 

I turned to Gabe and furrowed my eyebrows. "Oh, like you could do any better?" I asked in a joking manner. To be honest, I was completely serious. 

"I could." He replied smoothly. "But it's your turn."  He gave me a fake smile.

I gave him one last glare before getting up and getting my ball. I've only bowled once before, which was at some birthday party I went to. So...I was kinda going up there and wingin it. 

I half threw, half rolled my ball down the lane, only for it to get caught in the gutter a second later. I heard laughing behind me which was no doubt Gabe, and he was definitely not trying to be discrete about it.