Chapter 25

I didn't quite think that through.

What me and Dalton did....yeah, everyone really did believe it.

Even Cole.

I don't even know why I care what he thinks. 

But I do.

And I do know why.

I just didn't want to admit it to myself.

That night Cole immediantly sent everyone home. Even though he said "Get OUT" to everyone, his eyes were looking at Dalton. Pretty Obvious. Then he looked at me, and it was a look I couldn't quite recognize. A look that said a thousand words, but words I didn't know the meaning of yet. He turned away from me and went to his room, leaving me to do all the cleaning up. 

And I did clean up. Mainly because I felt like I needed to make up for something. Though I did enjoy myself, the whole time I was singing showtunes. 

Now I'm finished. And I'm currently contemplating whether or not I should go to my room, which is also Cole's room. I was kind of in a predicament. 

Just then Mary and her husband walk through the front door. 

"Hello Amy!" Mary greeted with a smile. She plopped her purse down on the kitchen chair.

"I'm going to bed." Cole's dad said sleepily. "Goodnight," he kissed Mary on the cheek, "Goodnight Amy." he said to me, then slowly but surely walked up the stairs.

"How was your night?" Mary asked.

"Oh, uh, it was good. I'm just watching cartoons." I made up, pointing to the TV. As I looked at the TV, I realized it wasn't on. "Uh... I was watching cartoons. Now I think I'm going to go to bed." I nervously smiled, hoping she'd buy it.

"Okay dear. Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning before school." Mary smiled.

I nodded my head and went up the stairs. I stood in front of Cole's closed door. I hoped he could be asleep. I wrapped my hand around the handle but hesitated, getting more nervous by the second.

 The door swug open and revealed Cole.

I let out a suprised gasp and jumped back. Cole looked at me in confused, he didn't know I was there.

"What are you doing?" Cole asked, his anger laced through his words.

"I was..." I sighed, "I didn't want to walk in on an pissed Cole." 

Cole got defensive, "Why would I be pissed?"

"Oh I don't know, the way you stormed up the stairs, or the way you're looking at me right now." I said, not putting up with his crap anymore.

Cole's expression stayed the same. "For God's sake, just come in." he replied with a tense voice. He opened the door wider, where the room was dark inside.

I rolled my eyes and walked in. I grabbed some pajamas from my bag and turned back to the front door, where Cole was still watching me.

"I'm going to go change." I said firmly, strutting out the room.

"My mom's in the bathroom right now." He sighed.

"Doesn't she have her own bathroom?" I challenged.

"My dad usually takes forever in the bathroom, so she comes here." He replied without hesitation. He raising his eyebrows, as if saying "Is that all you got?"

"Well, then I'll just wait." I said stubbornly.

Cole rolled his eyes, "Just change here."

"Yeah," I scoffed, "Nice try."