Chapter 21

Tonight was the last show and the air was filled with sorrow. I was getting ready in the girl's dressing room two hours before the show, the usual call time. Everyone was taking their time with their makeup and hair, cherishing their final hours with the cast. Of course there was going to be a cast party afterwards; Lily offered to do it at her house because her parents were out on a business trip. I wasn't very thrilled with that....no parental supervision at a party? I knew it was going to be a nightmare. 

Plus, it would be my first party ever. I mean, I've been to cast parties before, but the thing was, Lily invited the whole school for this one. Yeah, so much for a  'cast' party. Pfft. 

Cole stumbled out of his dressing 30 after thirty minutes, full makeup and costume. Boys, always so quick to get ready. He looked around the room and stopped when he spotted me and walked over, completely ignoring the half naked dressing girls around us. 

"Hey." He winked. 

I rolled my eyes and started applying blush. "What is it Cole?" I said straightforward. If I've learned one thing from being around Cole, you shoudn't beat around the bush. 

"It would've been nice if you could have helped me finish my makeup..." he leaned to my ear, "I needed help with my lips..." He hinted, his warm breath washing against my skin.

Way to be obivous. "You don't need any help with that." I replied, putting my finishing powder on. He rolled his eyes playfully and sat down in the chair next to me. I quirked my eyebrow up at him but tried my best to ignore him. 

"Maybe I can help you with your makeup." He smirked. 

"Sorry I don't I want to smudge my lipstick." I smiled fakely at him. I hated him for this. As much as I really did want him to help me with my 'makeup', I knew I shouldn't.

We sat in silence after that. It was kind of awkward because I had finished my makeup and was just sitting there, trying to decide whether or not I should move. The chatter behind us was frantic. You could hear Lily's squeaky voice talking about Prom which was only in a few days, so all the girls squealed and laughed. You could hear the guys talk about money, bets, and girls. Although that's what they usually talk about. Cole and I just sat in our own loud silence. 

Everyone fell silent when the door flew open, revealing a very smug Rebecca. She instantly looked at me, her eyes narrowing. She then looked around at all the shocked and confused faces, and rolled her eyes.

"Is there a problem?" She asked menacingly. Everyone quickly tore their eyes away and pretended to talk to each other.

Well this escalated quickly.

She stomped her way over to where I was seated. I looked at Cole for comfort but his jaw was clenched.

"Get out of my dress." She demmanded harshly. Are you kidding me? She completely bails on the play and then out of the blue demands to take back her part? Nuh uh, this is not okay. 

I immediantly stood up and looked her straight in the eye. I was done being knocked down by her, and to think she was my friend once. "Actually this is Sandy's dress, which you seem to no longer be."

"You are my understudy." She scoffed, "You take my place when I'm not here. Well get your eyes checked hon, I'm here."

Cole immediantly stood up and glared at her. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What do you mean honey bunches?" She asked sickly sweet, putting her hand on his face.

He quickly smacked it off. "This isn't what we talked about..." He leaned in and whispered to her. What's going on? I was completely flustered. Who does she think she is? That twat.