Chapter 20

A/N Amy's picture is on the side :)

*

On the way home from the show my parents were blabbing on and on about Grease. They kept saying how 'amazing' and 'fantasic' I was. I really appreciated it, but it kind of got old after the first five performances. They came to every show after the first, hoping I would go on again. It was weird, because Rebecca never came to the show to perform. So basically I took the part of Sandy. Trust me, I was definitely okay with that, but something was a little fishy....

We would see her at school, and whenever we would try to ask her what was going on with her she completely ignored us like we weren't there. The only person who she would talk to would be Cole. They would resume their makeout sessions during lunch like nothing even happened. Truthfully, I got more jealous than usual. After all, I did kiss him every show now. 

We finally got home and I went straight to my room to get away from my jibbering parents. I collapsed on my bed and sighed. This sudden urge of feeling went through me when I thought about Cole. I wanted to see him. I needed to see him. 

Oh God Amy. Calm down, it's probably just your stupid teenage hormones. Get some sleep for your last performance tomorrow. 

I quickly got under my covers before I could change my mind, but my eyes fluttered open. 

Amy. Go to sleep! What are you going to do? Go over to his house and barge into his room? Then what? Just sleep.....

"You're all I've ever wanted." Cole whispered into my ear, pulling on my waist bringing me closer. He trailed his fingers down along my spine, sending an earthquake of butterflies in my stomach.

"Stop." I said breathless, reaching my hand around my back and grabbing his hand before it went further. 

"Tell me you love me..." I murmured, looking up into his sparkling eyes. His eyebrows furrowed with concern, then softened when he slid his hand up my neck onto my cheek.

"I can't." He answered, his voice apologetic. He rubbed his thumbs in circular motions on my cheek as a tear fell from my eyes.

"But, why?" I asked, shamefully sounding desperate.

"I'm with Rebecca, babe." He replied.

I shook him out off of me, "Then stop. Stop telling me you want me and stop trying to get with me when you know you can't. Because Cole, I'm in-"

Cole pressed me against the wall and crushed his lips against mine. My hands automatically tangled in his hair while his hands were gently massaging my waist.  

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I shot up from bed and was blinded by the light coming in from my window. I was panting and my palms were warm and sweaty. 

Damn you alarm clock! 

That was seriously one of the best dreams ever. I sighed and got out of bed. The final show was at 2:00pm, so I decided to get some much needed fresh air. 

I brushed my teeth, threw on some clothes, and walked out the door to the sidewalk. I looked over at Cole's house and instantly got nervous. 

How embarrassing. That dream was just creepy and weird and...perfect. Ugh.

I tore my eyes away and started walking a bit. I decided not to go too far after what happened when I went wandering before. All I could think about was Cole. Cole, Cole, Cole. I came outside just to stop thinking about him, but I guess this didn't work. Being closer to his house seemed to make me feel worse, so I turned around and decided to go back home.