Chapter 14

I walked into school with the same frown I've had for months. School sucked, my life sucked, Cole sucked, the world sucked. What am I even living for anymore? I fumbled down the halls to History and walked in. Yay History. Studying the lives of dead people will definitely help me down the road. I plopped down in my chair and looked at Cole who was sitting next to me. I gave him a scowl and turned my attention to the front of the class. Worst class ever. I had creepy Dalton in this class, Annoying Gabe, and worst of all, Cole. 

Cole kept looking over at me like he wanted to say something. I really didn't want to talk to him, especially since he had watched my cry my eyes out the night before. Coming to this school and meeting these people was the worst decision of my life. It completely changed my life, and now I hate it. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Cole asked.

"I'm fine." I said, my voice cracking. I ignored that and put on a fake smile, but inside I was completely flustered. 

Cole studied me, as if he was trying to read me. I thought I saw a flicker of sadness in his eyes, but I pushed that away, thinking he didn't care about me anymore.

"Amy..." he whispered, trying to get something out of me. 

"What?!" I practically screamed, and everyone turned to look at me. Our teacher looked rather annoyed as well, I didn't even know she walked in and had begun the lesson already. I was totally zoned out. 

"Ms. Gerald, please do not interrupt the class." She said, angrily.

My face quickly turned red, and I felt like I was going to burst out and hit her. I didn't know why I felt so angry. I've never really told anyone how I've been feeling. All this time of keeping my emotions locked up and hidden, it was finally coming back in rage. 

"May I go to the restroom?" I asked, I needed to get away from Cole.

"Class has just started, you had all this time to go before school started. You are going to have to wait." She spat.

"Please, I just really need to go." I begged, trying to be as nice as I possibly could without chucking my chair at her.  

"Amy Gerald! I am not in the mood for your games. Just sit back and listen to the lesson." She snapped. Everyone was watching our banter in amusment. I heard whispers and chuckling. God she's annyoing. I abruptly got out of my chair and stomped to the door. 

"Amy! Sit. Back. Down." My teacher threatened. 

I ignored her and pushed open the door, slamming it back in my teachers face. I just need to be alone. Away from him. I walked down the hall and slowly opened the door to the girl's bathroom. I went into the biggest stall, locking the door on the way in. I sat on the covered toilet seat and thought about what went wrong in my life. Oh, yes. First day of school, I swug the door into nerdy Cole and told him he was a dork. Then made the mistake of befriending Dalton and Rebecca. I also made the mistake of liking Cole, then kissed him, and- yeah okay I've made alot of mistakes. 

I dont know how long I've sat there, with my face in the palms of my hands. I heard the door crack open, and heard shuffling of clothing. 

"Amy? Are you in here?" I heard a familliar voice ask. 

Oh no, no, not him. I came here to get away from him. He always has to follow me everywhere I go. I heard the door open all the way, and the footsteps got closer and closer. I quietly lifted my legs off the ground and squeezed myself into a ball, hoping that he would just go away. But knowing Cole, he wouldn't, and I was right. The footsteps kept getting closer and I heard each stall push open. Mine was the last one. Well, this is it. His shadow finally crept up to my stall, and he tried to push it open, but it was locked. He sighed.