First Friend

Aleksy was never a social butterfly, quite the opposite of his twin sister, Audra. He usually ended up crying if he had to talk to someone, much to his dismay. Toris and Feliks really didn't know what to do, as they were both shy, Toris in general and Feliks when he meets new people. So, they took him a little place that had a group of kids who were as shy as Aleksy to help him with it. A youth group, I guess you could say. The little 6 year old really didn't want to go but there was really nothing his parents could think of. So he went every other day.

He and Audra were currently at school, a normal school since they aged normally, and Feliks and Toris were at work. Poor Aleksy was in a different class from Audra.

"Okay, kids, I want you to find a partner for the field trip tomorrow! You have to stay with them and hold their hand the whole time so please pick a friend," the bubbly teacher said (A/N: y'all did this too, right? It wasn't just me, right?)

Aleksy looked around as everyone else immediately found someone. The brunette only looked down at his chubby fingers and tried not to cry.

"Will you be my partner?" A little boy asked him. He looked up and saw Elov, the son of Roderich and Vasch. He gave him a small smile and held out his hand, which Aleksy took with a nod.

"Elov, do you have a partner, sweetie?" The woman asked. He nodded and walked up to her, holding Aleksy's hand.

"Aleksy's my partner!" He yelled with a smile.

"Maybe you should pick a girl," she said. The brunette frowned and hugged Aleks.

"No! I want Aleksy to be my partner!" He yelled back. The teacher sighed and nodded, causing Elov to scowl at her. Aleksy just stood there, holding Elov's cold hand. He was suddenly being pulled to the little library in the classroom. It was filled with lots and lots of picture books, which had some words but obviously not a lot.

"She's mean!" Elov yelled, startling the smaller boy. Aleks looked up at him and saw that he had tears in his eyes, which, he noticed, were two different colors. One was a soft lilac color and the other was bright green. Aleksy noticed that they were no longer holding hands and frowned a bit. That was honestly the closest he's been to someone who wasn't family. So he got up and walked closer to the brunette and sat next to him.

"Why are you crying?" He asked while looking at him with his big emerald eyes. Elov sniffled and turned away.

"I'm not crying," he said quietly.

"Yes you are. Why?"

"Because she doesn't want you to be my partner!" The little boy yelled. Aleksy smiled. Did he want to be his partner that badly?

"I'll still be your partner," he replied softly. Elov sniffled and looked at him.

"Really?"

"Yup!" He said with a smile. He wiped Elov's tears away with his tiny hands and hugged him. Elov smiled and hugged him back.

Later that day

"Mamusia! Guess what?" Aleksy yelled once he and Audra walked inside their home. Toris was the one who picked them up from school.

"What is it, kochanie?" Feliks asked with a smile, picking up the twins and kissing their cheeks. He then hugged Lithuania and kissed him softly.

"I made a friend!" He yelled excitedly. Feliks could not stop the grin that appeared on his face. He was so happy to hear that Aleks had finally made a friend.

"Really? What's his name?"

"Elov!" He said with a smile.

"Roderich and Vasch's son?" He asked. Aleksy nodded and continued smiling.