Chapter 2

Dan's POV
-
Our hands touched and I felt my heart skip a beat. I didn't know what to do. "He's straight.... He's straight... I'm never going to live this down."
I washed my hands and threw away the soiled paper towel. I turned towards Phil, whose expression resembled someone who saw a ghost....or did something they shouldn't have.
After we cleaned up my mess, I ran into my room, shut the door, and threw myself into my bed. "I'm such a fool. I'm such a fool." Tears rolled down my cheeks until my pillow was soaked with sadness and embarrassment. I heard Phil's breath outside my door. "Dan? Are you okay?"
"Um yes. I'm okay." I wiped the tears from my face and grabbed my laptop, pretending I was just on Tumblr and not crying. He walked in and just stood there....looking at me. I felt hot. "Shit.. He wants to talk. He always stands and stares when he wants to talk."
"Did you need something?" I tried to act normal. He sat next to me on my bed and looked at what I was doing. Unfortunately, I failed to pretend I was scrolling through Tumblr since I was still on the log in screen.
"Aren't you going to log in? Or is that a ploy to get me to think you weren't just crying?"
I got quiet. "How could you tell?"
"Dan. I know you. I know when something's wrong." He pushed back my fringe, uncovering the burn across my forehead from my cooking fail. "How'd you manage to do this?"
"I'm not a good chef."
I laughed. He smiled at me, looking at my mouth as I laughed at myself. "Is he actually watching my lips or am I just wanting him to...? God damn it, Daniel. He's straight."
"Dan?"
"Hm?" I snapped out of my thought.
"Did you hear me?"
"Um.. No, sorry. I was thinking about... Something."
"Do you want to go into town for take out?"
"God damn, yes." I laughed. I don't understand why I kept laughing. It was apparently my nervousness trying to make me comfortable in the situation.
-
We left the apartment and followed the pavement into town.
"Restaurant or should we buy something?" I asked.
"Whatever you prefer. I'd kinda like to teach you how to at least work a microwave." He scoffed, watching for my reaction.
"You turnip, I know how to work a microwave."
"You think 'microwave' is an onomatopoeia." He smiled at me. "His smile is so... Perfect."
"You'll never let that one go, will you?" I playfully pushed him. We arrived at a market and picked up some food to take back. Phil managed to drop almost everything he picked up, so I had to help him pick up stuff off the floor. We got to the check out and I whispered in Phil's ear, "What are we gonna make?"
"Something that you won't ruin and burn the building down by making." I blushed and hit him in the arm. "I couldn't resist. I had to see that smile again." He winked at me.