Chapter 5

Phil's POV
-
"Do you want to go into town today?" Dan asked me. By the time we got off Tumblr, it was 1p.m.
"I guess, but what are we going to do?"
"I mean.. I have ideas."
Dan walked out of his room, completely dressed. His black shirt with zips on the shoulders complimented his freshly straightened dark brown hair.
"I have no idea. I thought we could just go to the park.... Maybe film a Day in the Life video?"
I pulled my pajama pants off and switched them out for skinny jeans, then slipped on my cat shirt.
"That sounds lovely." I fixed my hair and Dan walked into the bathroom with a camera.
"Hello Internet!" He said as he showed our reflections in the mirror to the camera.
"That's so cute... He looks adorable today. Who am I kidding? He always is adorable." I finished up in the bathroom and we headed out of the apartment and to the park.
"So tell the viewers what we're doing outside of our sweet, sweet solitary confinement this Wednesday afternoon." He chuckled at his joke.
"Well Dan suggested we go to the park!" I made a face to the camera and Dan laughed. "Dang it Dan. Stop laughing so sweetly.. I can't handle it."
"Shall we head to the market instead? It's looking like a storm is coming." He looked at me again.
"Sure."
He shut off the camera while we were in the market.
"We were just here. What could we possibly need?" I teased.
"I don't know. I feel like I forgot something."
"Forgot that you nearly gave me a heart attack when our hands touched?"
"Maybe I'm just thinking of something else."
"Thinking of how unusual I've been acting?"
Dan and I walked back into the building of our apartment. When we got up the stairs and to our door, he looked at me.
"Shit. My key is my pocket. I can't get it. Do you have yours?"
"Nope. I don't have my key."
I shook my head. I didn't grab my key before we left because I knew I'd end up having it stuck in my pocket again.
"Get my key?" He gestured to his back pocket.
I reached for his key with no hesitation. My hand slipped into his pocket and I felt my heart skip.
"If you don't tell him, this is the closest you're going to get."
-
Dan's POV
-
I never turned the camera back on and I'm glad Phil didn't question. I didn't want to film a video.... I wanted to be out with him.
His hand went into my pocket and I felt my heart skip a beat and my face went red.
"Please don't notice how I'm blushing.... Please don't notice how I'm blushing..."
He unlocked the door and held it open for me to carry bags in.
"Shit.. That was close."
He smiled at me and I felt his eyes move down to my lips when I smiled back.
"Was it just because I smiled?"