Chapter 26

Dan's POV
-
"Attention.. Attention.. People of YouTube." I giggled. "Phil and I would like to welcome you to London."
Phil mouthed to Felix, "Are you recording?"
He gave a thumbs up.
"He's recording." He whispered to me. "Now or never, baby."
I paused while the crowd clapped. "Another thing..."
"Dan and I have been on a tour of America this summer, but that's not all that has happened this year." He continued for me.
"Yesterday marked one year." I said. Everyone looked at each other in confusion.
"As you all know, since Dan and I first met, our fans have wanted 'Phan' to be real."
"Well." I turned to Phil.
He smiled as he pulled me closely and kissed me passionately.
"I love you, Phil."
"I love you, Dan."
"PHAN IS REAL!!" We heard a voice in the audience say. Marzia.
"Thank you, Marzia. Yes. Phan is real." I took Phil's hand.
"We've been officially together for a year." He added.
Our friends cheered as we left the stage. Phil's arm was around my waist.
"Thank you, Felix." He turned the camera off and handed it to Phil.
"I'm tearing up." Felix added. "My OTP!"
Phil giggled.
The party ended and Phil and I walked back to the apartment, hand in hand.
"I'm so happy.." I kissed him.
"Ditto." He winked.
-
Phil's POV
-
We were almost the apartment building when we heard a loud noise and smelled burning tires.
A car turned the corner and came right at us.
"DAN, NO!"
-
I couldn't stop it. The horrific sight replayed in my head, over and over as I held Dan's hand in the hospital. The nurse and doctor walked in, "Phil."
I stood. "What is it?"
"His injuries are rather serious. When the car hit him, it disrupted his nervous system, sending him into a coma."
I felt my heart shatter.
"I'm sorry. He was conscious in the ambulance, and handed the EMT a note to give to you."
He handed me the paper. "I'll leave you with him."
I sat down, tears fell from my eyes and onto the paper. I unfolded it.
Dear Phil, my love,
I love you dearly. I told EMT to write this for you.
When I gave you that cactus, I watched you smile as you looked at it. Your beautiful smile told me you loved it.
You give me that same smile. I know you won't be smiling now as I'm laying here, silently.
I promise I was never stop loving you, even if this injury takes me away from you.
Go to the apartment and hold that cactus. It's still on your computer desk.
I love you Phillip Michael Lester.

"Forever yours, Daniel."
I cried and kissed him on the forehead. "Please wake up. I'll bring the cactus.."
I went back to the apartment. My eyes burned from crying so hard. I was still wearing his clothes. They smell like him.
I found the cactus and smiled softly. "I love you Dan..."
The bottom of the pot fell to the floor.
"What?"
I picked up the round piece. A note on it read: "I love you."
I looked inside the pot and smiled. I took the cactus and went back to the hospital.
"Daniel.... Daniel I love you so much."
I took his hand.
"I found it. I found your surprise." I looked at my hand. A shiny silver ring with the engraving "Daniel's one and only" was there.
"Yes, Dan." I kissed him on the lips and laid my head on his chest. "Please wake up."
-----------------------------------------------------
I wrote this... And I'm still ... *CRAFTING*