Chapter 33

Back to present day;

Today was a different day for Luna. She had endured many forms of training since her stay in Distortion. After breaking away from Dr. Greene and his power diminish ability, Luna had only really started to come to terms about who she was becoming. She stood in the bedroom of Nancy and Malcolm's home, putting on her training outfit of black leather and finishing her hair into a braid to keep it out of her eyes. As she watched herself in the mirror of the bedroom vanity, she couldn't help but wonder why none of the other Elders hadn't even attempted to stop Eville, but she was soon quick to realize that with the exception of Drake and Meeka, she was really the best bet they had. She looked down at her hands, observing the curves of the lines on her palms. "How could I be the one to defeat Professor Eville?" She thought to herself. The door behind her opened and Nick walked in, "Because you are capable of anything you put your mind to," Nick replied in thought. Luna looked up in the mirror's reflecting and watched as Nick approached her. She smiled bashfully at his confidence boost, and he kneeled down beside her reaching for her hand. "You need to realize that by now," he spoke out loud. She looked down into his eyes, "I'm just so afraid I'll fail... and then what?" She looked away tense. Nick stood up and lifted Luna's with him, guiding her to stand out of the chair. "Come on, we are going to be late," Nick reminded her. She nodded with a sly smile and followed him out of the room.

"Are you ready Luna?" Malcolm inquired, holding onto Nancy's jacket as she stood beside him near the front door. Nick and Luna walked down the stairs and nodded, "I think I am," Nancy smiled up at her, "Oh, you'll be right Luna. It's just training at this stage. Nothing to be worried about," Luna acknowledged with another nod. She was worried. Today was the day she showed the other Elders what she's capable of. They all knew she was special with her multi-ability talents, but she wasn't sure what was in store for her when she walked into the training chambers. Malcolm drove them to the chambers, and Luna was noticeably quiet. At least to Nick. Nancy barely noticed as she sat with her fingers weaved with Malcolm's who was distracted driving. "Are you alright?" Nick thought to Luna, he himself was getting better at controlling his ability of telepathy. Luna, who was looking out the window just nodded. "If you're not ready for today we can cancel-" he started but she stopped him, "No, no no it's okay.. I don't want to cause any issues. If Eville showed up tomorrow I couldn't just cancel, I need to be prepared. It's just the last time.." she trailed off in thought as Malcolm looked at the rear view mirror, catching the unspoken conversation between Nick and Luna. He could see the images Luna was putting in his head of her memory of the last training. "Whoa.." Nick mumbled out loud, not prepared for the images of his own demise just as the car pulled up to the Main Chambers. Malcolm followed the driveway into an underground car park. Nick reached out and grabbed Luna's hand, squeezing it as the car pulled to a halt. "Let's go kids," Nancy said in a bubbly voice, not realizing how apprehensive Luna was feeling. Everyone exited the car and walked towards the Elevators. As the doors closed in front of them all, the Elevator began to lift up.

Luna went through a range of emotions, most scared and fear, mostly brought on by the presence of the elders. What if she failed? What if she couldn't show them how she was going to protect them? What if they used her connection with Nick against her again to see how she would lose it? She she started to shake nervously, she felt a little light headed as the elevator lifted slightly and slowly dropped a few inches to the correct floor. Luna closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, she she did so her body became translucent and she fell through the elevator floor. "Luna!" Nick shrieked in horror, seeing her slip through the floor. Luna fell, and screamed as she was unable to stop herself moving through the empty 121 floors the elevator passed to get them to the training chambers. Her speed was steady as she fell but having never jumped more than a fence in height, she was not used to this feeling of falling. She saw the floor approaching and put her hands over her face intuitively however she just fell through the floors, moving further down passing the isolation chambers basement and dropped into another level. Her body returned to her normal consistency as she hit the floor. It felt as though she fell off the back of chair, feeling slightly winded and pain over the front of her body that took the impact of her fall. She rolled onto her back in anguish to give her frontal the needed relief and tried not to cry out. As she laid on the floor, she looked up at the ceiling and could see unusual dark brick covering the roof and walls around her. Luna sat up, taking the moment to catch her breath before she stood up. She had no idea where she was and looked down the hallway where fire lamps were leading to a bright room at the end. She followed the pathway cautiously, not sure what was around the corner for her.