Chapter 45

Present Day cont'd;

Luna needed to make sure Drake had left the lift so she listened for his thoughts and could here him beating himself up over being a jerk to Luna and deciding what to say when he saw her at the dinner to make it up to her. She pressed the elevator button and went down to the car park. As it reached the floor, the doors opened and she went to step out but stopped as she could see the mountain area where the message was left was right outside the door. She put her hand through and could feel the cold breeze in the air as the sky darkened. She risked it and stepped out, seeing the doors behind her close and the elevator disappeared. Luna looked around and couldn't see anyone but she forgot that she was still drenched from her training before. She wasn't exactly prepared to be transported to the area so quickly, so she was on her guard on how this happened, but more specifically, who had done this. Being in Distortion made the impossible possible and the unrealistic very real, so it was easy for Luna to accept that someone had transported her to the meeting ground. She looked around, with just enough light to see a figure approaching her. She knew it wasn't even 7pm yet, so she didn't expect to see a visitor so soon. Luna squinted at the silhouette of a child, no bigger than her hip height approaching her. She remained on guard as they held out their hand a light post grew from the ground between Luna and the mysterious person. "Hi Luna," a sweet young female voice greeted. "Hello? Who are you?" she asked, as a young girl approached her. Luna was amazed by the emerald green eyes looking back at her. "I guess you could say I'm the architect of this world," she held out her slender arms to gesture to Distortion. "You.. y-you're Sarah?" she said shocked and looked around thinking it was a trap of some sort. "I haven't got much time, I'm very weak so I need my strength to keep this place existing," She waved Luna to come closer and she took a deep breath and let her guard down to trust the child. She knelt down beside her. "I saw you coming and forgot about this annual dinner at 7pm so it worked well for both of us to meet now. I need to give you some information that has been passed onto me," she leaned into Luna's ear and whispered. Luna noticed her voice was getting quieter and found it easier to listen with her eyes closed.

When she opening her eyes, Luna had been transported back into her quarters, kneeling beside the bed. She looked around the room and could see time had passed as it appeared to be half an hour later from when she first left. It didn't feel like she was gone that long, but she stood up and looked down at the invitation on the bed again, "Annual dinner?" she repeated, seeing no mention of that on the invitation. She lifted up the dress from the coat hanger and could see a black long sleeve silk and lace gown with long sleeves. The material felt soft to the touch that she lifted the hand up to feel against her cheek and it was cool to the touch. She looked in the full length mirror on the opposite of the room and could see she desperately needed to shower before doing anything, so she placed the dress back on the bed and walked into the bathroom en-suite. She didn't spend long in the shower, especially knowing she had to be there at 7pm sharp. When she stepped out of the en-suite, she noticed the dress was no longer on the bed. She walked around to see if it had fallen but see noticed it was being hung on a door of the wardrobe. Luna walked over confused, just as Fae jumped out, "Surprise!" she said and Luna jumped. "Ha, Ha, I knew you were going to come here," Luna put her hand on her heart to calm down her heartbeat. "Gee, thanks Fae," Luna had a dressing gown on and adjusted it before sitting on the bed. Her wet hair was dripping down onto the bed. "Hey, I've been meaning to talk to you," "I think I already know what you're going to say," She sheepishly walked over and sat next to Luna, "Yeah I kind of.. had seen Drake... setting up the training for that vision I showed you," Luna sighed, "By the time I realized, I saw you were heading out of the Main Chambers with him, otherwise I would've said som-" "Fae don't worry about it, you did enough just by telling me. I was prepared, you helped me," She said with a smile and trying to cheer up Fae who she could tell was visibly upset. Fae looked at her and shook her head, "Oh, well it's in the past, and I only deal with the future," she said with a grin. "Let's get you ready huh?" she said, touching Luna's wet hair. "Wait.... I have an idea," She pulled out a mobile and made a phone call. "Sue, yeah, I'm on flooooor," she extended the word and looked at Luna to answer, "Uhh, 21," "21 Sue... okay... no problems," She hung the phone up and grinned at Luna. "Oh, what now?" Fae smiled and pulled the dress down off the wardrobe, "Now, you get dressed," she held out the dress and Luna roughly grabbed it, not caring enough to make a fuss over the event.