Chapter 11

Malcolm leads Nancy, Nick and Luna out the front, after grabbing a few items inside with Nick and Luna diliberately distancing themselves out of embarrassment towards Nancy catching them. As they walk out the front, Luna questions, "Wait, you can teleport," Malcolm unlocks their Range Rover, "But you drive to the main chambers?" Malcolm smiles, "We're still human Luna, besides its a long walk down the road and we'd rather not expose you to others right now," She nodded in agreement and they all get in the car. They drive down the road, leading up to the Elder chambers. He pulls into an underground car park and they walk to the elevator, which opens at the main reception. The foyer is huge and decorated elegantly. Luna notices the floor is white Italian marble as well as the roof and indoor pillars as the group pass, moving towards the front desk. There's a woman behind the desk, very slim with her blonde hair pulled tight into a long ponytail, she wears a tight business dress with a slim microphone attached to her ear. "Good Morning sir, Welcome to the Main Chambers, My name is Stacey, How can I assist you today?" she said with a big grin, her articulation perfect as if it's the only words she's ever spoken. Malcolm walked in front and greets her, "Malcolm Goode, We're here to see-" She finishes his sentence, "The Council, Floor 121, Boardroom C, Malcolm Goode, Nancy Bilter, Nick Bilter, and Luna Osmosis," she smiles and stands up, "If you'll follow me, I'll take you to their quarters," She walked behind the desk, guiding Malcolm and the others to follow to the elevators around the side. Luna looks at Nick, "Osmosis?" She had never heard her last name being called that before, she presumes its her birth parents last names which Dr. Greene never talk with her about very much. She figured it was due to it being to painful that her parents died as he was close with them. As Stacey walked gracefully towards the elevators, the doors opened and an identical woman walked passed everyone. It looked as if they were walking in sync as Stacey handed over the microphone ear piece to the other one who pressed it in her ear and began speaking, "Good morning, Welcome to the Main Chambers, My name is Stacey, How can I assist you today?" Luna looked back at them and followed the other Stacey into the elevator. "Is that the same person?" Luna questioned in her head, Nick overheard her thoughts and he looked at her, shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head unsure. Anything is possible these days, especially in The Special City. 

The elevator moves quickly and stops at Floor 121. Stacey steps out of the elevator into a long pale hallway with paintings situated on the walls. Lamps lighting them up individually helps display the vibrant colours of various nature locations painted. Luna and Nick observe their surroundings as they follow Stacey to the far door on the right. She puts her hand up to a gelled box in the wall and it turns from red to green, she pulls it out as the doors open and faces the group, "Right in there, they'll see you now," she smiles gesturing inside the doors. They all walk in, Malcolm in front with Nancy at his side. Luna and Nick follow behind, she grabs his hand for comfort, feeling a little hesitant about the situation. He welcomed her touch. They walked into a room that was wall to wall windows, displaying the vibrant city lights in the background of the slightly misty tinted windows. The room had thirteen large marble chairs, which held twelve different people wearing white robes and gowns, all from different backgrounds, except for one chair at the end that was empty. An elder situated in the middle room gestures to the group to sit on the long slim white couch in the middle of the room. He lets out a hearty cough, covering his short white beard with his hand as he begins to speak, "Welcome again Nancy, Malcolm," The move to sit down on the couch. He turns to Luna and Nick who remained standing. "Luna, Nick, My name is Payton. I want you to meet the elders," he signals to the other elders situated around the room. They all bow their head greeting the young pair. "You obviously succeeded in getting them out Mr. Goode, Job well done," he smirked. Malcolm nodded, "Yes Elder Payton, thank you," speaking respectably to his superior. He looked at Nancy and they shared a smile, he felt pleased he was able to carry out his orders for the Council. "Surely you must reconsider our offer," Malcolm shook his head, seeing Payton directing his attention to the empty thirteenth chair. "I made my decision," Payton raising his hand, signalling end of pressing that matter. "My dear sweet Luna," he greeted, holding out his hands towards her and then to his chest, folding his hands across his chest, "We're very glad to have you crossed over to Distortion," Luna half smiles, sitting down on the couch and pulling Nick to sit down beside her. "I have to admit, I feel a lot safer here," Payton looks away for a moment, not responding to Luna. "Elder Payton, may I ask why you requested to speak with us?" Nick questions boldly, not sure if he is allowed to be speaking, let alone demanding answers. "We brought you here to protect you, and to warn you," he replied, "Elder Fae has seen it in her future that Eville finds a way back into the Special City," Luna piped up, "He was here before?" Elder Payton nods, "Not for over a decade, but he managed to take three of the council elders with him," Nick thinks back to 10 years ago when his mum had died, or so he was told at the time, but she never mentioned being an elder so he doubts it has any relation. Payton turned to one of the elders sitting near him, "Elder Ben, perhaps you would be better at telling their story," pointing to Malcolm and Nancy. Ben nodded and stood up, his white robe falling to his feet around his tall frame. He walked over to Luna and held out his hand for Nancy to put hers in his. She looked up at him and smiled politely, putting her hand in his.