Chapter 6

Jason checks his watch and see's '8:55pm', he looks at Kate and she looks back giving him a sweet smile. They made it onto the empty highway that leads out of Canuck and began driving to the largest town nearby, Elmwood. Jason pulls out his phone and dials the last number he called, placing the phone to his head, Kate focuses back on the road. "Hey, It's Jason," he greets, the sound of a male voice can be heard, with Jason replying, "We have Luna and picked up Nick Bitler as well," he pauses for a response, "We're heading your way now, Kate's been marked," He nods as he is spoken to and replies, "No problems, see you soon," and hangs up the phone, putting it in his pocket. He reaches over to Kate and grabs her left hand, entwining his fingers with hers as they continue driving.

Leaning against the back window of the 2-seater Ute, Nick looks down at Luna who lays beside him wrapped in the blanket and held still by the bags put in the back. She looks peaceful as she sleeps but he takes a moment to look up at the night sky above him, appreciating the pretty stars twinkling down upon him as he travels along with his new acquaintances, to a place he isn't quite sure of along the highway. He lets his mind wander and takes a moment to recall Luna draining him, it left him with a strange feeling of weakness and he leaned his head back to enjoy the feeling of the cool soothing night wind flowing around him. Before he could relax completely, the felt the car slowing down as Kate pulled the Ute off the road and onto a dirt track leading into a dark woodland. It was on the outskirts of Elmwood and it certainly didn't look inviting to the public, but he put his trust in this couple. They had been driving for nearly an hour, but Nick wasn't sure of the time. Kate drove slowly although it didn't stop the car bumping over the dirt track which was uneven from wildlife and trees scattering debris over the track. Nick looked down seeing Luna's body jolt about as the back wheel fell sunk into a small hole and out again. As she fell back down, Nick put his arm across her chest in attempt to help hold her down. Kate tried her best to navigate on a track that was barely lit up by the car lights but managed to get far enough from the road that Nick couldn't see any more street lights. He turned his head and looked over the Ute's roof, seeing a large warehouse lit up with a few cars in front of it. Kate weaved through trees and eventually found a park.

Two gentlemen standing out the front walked over with haste to the vehicle. Nick stood up, just as Kate and Jason exited the car calmly. Nick could see one man, about the same age as him in his mid-20s dressed well, his brown hair is short and styled matching his brown eyes, and the other beside him was older gentleman, wearing a business shirt with the sleeves rolled up. The older man approached Jason first with a handshake, followed by a quick friendly hug to Kate. Nick jumped out of the Ute on the opposite side and looked over at the new guys as they approached the Ute. He could hear Kate talking, "We tried to wake her up but after Eville, I knew we had to get out there," The younger boy approached the Ute, looking into it and staring at Luna on the other side of Nick. Nick narrowed his eyebrows and feeling a little bit of jealousy for the rather stylish, well groomed young man, compared to his own unshaven and messy appearance. He hissed, "Hey, who are you?" However he is unable to answer as Kate says over the top, "I had no choice! He grabbed my hair.. we had to get out of there," The older man leans with his hands against the Ute and hangs his head saying, "And then we're all dead," "There has to be a way, surely Mekhi.." Jason begs, he trails off as the older man, Mekhi, raises his head. He looks over at Luna, and to the younger guy, "Apollo, please wake her," he says as Apollo looks to him and nods. He pushes up the sleeves of his blazer and walks over next to Nick, putting his hand over Luna's eyes, much to Nick's distaste. After a few minutes, Apollo steps back and puts his hands together in anticipation to speak with Luna. "What did you do?" Nick snarls, still not happy with Apollo's presence and the big smile on his face. Luna opens her eyes slowly and sits up, using the side of the car to help her. Nick breaks his focus and exclaims, "Luna!" in excitement to see her awake again. She puts her hand on her head, feeling a headache thud against her temple, "What happened?" "Quick, come inside, we are safer there," Mekhi beckons, as Nick moves around Apollo to help Luna out, Apollo reaches forwards and grabs his shoulder. Nick tries to shrug him off but he smiles politely and helps restore Nick's health back to normal. He takes a step back and Apollo releases his hold on his shoulder. He takes a deep breath just as he sees Kate and Jason help Luna out the back of the Ute and reaches in, grabbing his backpack.