Chapter 8

As the lights lit up the trail tracks for the two pathways leading into Fernbrooke Forrest. The roads began to fill up with cars as people with special abilities around the country got word of the event tonight, and all decided to come down to be apart of something, and to find others like minded to talk with, having no fear of being judged made the event seem safe and inviting. Even receiving guests who only touched down in the country with the last few hours. Everyone is dressed up elegantly, with many of the guests arriving in gowns and tuxedos. Even though, some of the individual nomads kept to themselves, choosing not to be apart of the main crowd and sticking to the outside of the large dining room at the far end of the facility. Mekhi was too weak to return to Fernbrooke, and Faith was too in love to leave his side, so only Jason, Kate, Akiko and Nick returned. Even though Nick insisted he returned alone, they all went along with him. They joined in formal dress to be able to move among the crowd to get through the facility unnoticed, luckily Faith was handy with a sewing needle. Upon arriving, they were ushered by guards at the entry around the building and not through it, to enter through a side door into a main dining hall. Kate wore a beautiful light blue floor length dress with a scoop neckline that hugged at her waist, which was held on by Jason whose pocket square in his dark navy tux matched his date. Nick followed behind in his black tux with his white shirt collar undone, his hair was gelled backwards with a few strands hanging down over his eyes with Akiko in a cream knee length dress holding onto his arm. As they made their way inside, Kate couldn't help but dance a little as the music in the background was blaring and some people were dancing in the large dance floor area. They four of them moved to the back of the room, using the time to scope out the place. They all sat at an unoccupied table and were soon joined by another couple. Not wanting to stand out, Kate grabs the wine bottle and pours a few glasses, Akiko hands over Nick and hers which Kate fills up. Akiko holds her glass up to her lips and looks at Nick, "This is ridiculous, we should be searching now," he retorts, turning to Akiko and putting his glass on the table, "I hate just sitting here, I want to get up and look," he spat, she took a small sip of her wine and put the glass down. "Lets just see what Eville plans to do, I'm guessing he brought everyone here for a reason," Jason interjects into Akiko's and Nick's conversation, Kate nods in agreement and she looks over to see the couple didn't hear their conversation as they are speaking softly among themselves. They choose to remain at the table, not wanting to flag any of the guards but unable to see any of Eville's professors, Apollo or Luna.

As the room fills in with special people, the music over time slowly changes to more softer songs and people begin to fill up the tables just as voice comes over the speaker system, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and girls, you are in for a treat this evening, Please welcome to the stage, one of our very distinguished guests," the sound of drums and trumpets can be played as a man enters the stage as the name, "Octo" is announced. He walks out in a sparkly blue suit, holding a glass of water in his hand like a magician to a crowd about to preform. Everyone shuffles to the sides of the room, allowing him the main stage and floor. Octo walks to the edge of the stage and throws the glass of water, before it even reaches the ground, a few groups of people can't help but laugh at this display of throwing a glass of water. "What is he doing?" Kate whispered to Jason, he shrugged. Nick looked over at them enthralled by the man with the sparkly suit and stood up, "I'm not going to sit here for this," Nick said, standing up and walking around the back of the tables around the room. As he walks through he can hear some of the thoughts of the people he's passing, he hears the crowd staring to cheer as Octo starts manipulating the water, creating a water show for the crowd. He transforms the water into an ice statue in the middle of the room and bows, a few people clap for him and stand as Nick navigates his way through people with Akiko following closely behind. With everyone standing up, their chairs are pushed back slowing Nick down but he is able to make it to the other side of the room and can see an exit sign situated above a door beside the stage area. As he makes it passed the last table, he stops as a new set of music begins, seeing the curtains draw back with Professor Eville entering the room. He was wearing a nice black tuxedo, holding his hands out to the crowd as he is following by Stevens with a white tuxedo jacket, courting Luna in a long sleeved, floor length black gown. It hugged her petite figure, the shoulders and waist having lace detailing was seen with Luna's brown hair tied into a cute updo look. Nick stopped moving after seeing her, as he looked at her face, he could see her eyes was lowered, almost looking drugged. Akiko caught up to Nick's side and looked in his line of sight, seeing Eville approach the main floor with Stevens and Luna to his side. Bolt moved to his side, wearing his white shirt over his black pants against his tall frame. He rubs his hands together and smiles as if excited for a meal he's about to sink he's teeth in. Professor Warrens walks to the other side, he is in a business suit with a tie, looking more like a bodyguard at the close side of Eville.