Chapter 9

Nick kneeling in front of Luna, stands and turns, facing the group on the main stage, throws off his wet tux jacket and pushes up the sleeves to his white button shirt. "Akiko?" He says confused, seeing her on stage standing behind Professor Eville who began to walk forward, "Nicolas my boy," he said, jumping down off the stage. Nick quickly works out Akiko is no longer on their side, and probably hasn't been on their side the whole time. Just like Apollo. "What about Mekhi?" Nick asks, ignoring Eville and looking at Akiko who comforts the little girl that hides against her dress as he says the name, "I wouldn't worry about Mekhi," Eville said with a smirk, "What did you do to him?" Kate fired back, forcing James to hold her side to keep her from lunging forward, "And all of these people?" she says, indicating to the fallen 15, one of them seen as Karen French, the elderly woman with the sleeping ability was killed in the chaos. Eville turned his attention to Kate, "We were just helping Luna use her abilities" Apollo says, cutting Eville off from replying. "No, you tricked us!" Nick growled, "Tricked us so you could take Luna, make her absorb these powers, use her as your puppet," he stepped forward, "and you nearly killed her," as he spoke, he felt the adrenaline rising from feeling upset about the situation. He looked back at Luna and could see her eyes moving side to side under the eyelids, looking like she was dreaming. "So this was all an illusion?" Kate questioned, not wanting the conversation to stop as she could see Stevens, Warren and Bolt talking to each other and gesturing to them. Eville laughed, "Akiko set up dinning room setting, wasn't hard to take control of the radios in your vehicles and of course bring you all here. But young little Hannah here helped Luna find all the specials and take their power. We simply kept these fifteen in here to make it easier, giving Luna the abilities like flight, water, fire, and a rather large laser beam power it seems," he chuckled, not entirely sure himself of the ability she absorbed. "So what we saw?" Jason pressed as Apollo jumped down and walked towards Luna, "All apart of your imagination," he turned back and points at Akiko, "Well, Akiko's imagination actually," he smiles as he stops a few feet in front of Nick, who barked,  "You're not taking her!" Apollo smiled as Stevens jumped down, his body hitting the floor, cracking the floor boards beneath him. He moved forward beside Apollo. "We are only just getting started," Apollo says, his voice has a tone of arrogance which pisses Nick off.

All of the sudden, handcuffs come out of no where, latching onto Kate and Jason, a magnetism effect pulls them towards two near by poles and they cuss profanities as they attempt to squeeze out of the handcuffs and move away. They are both stand above bodies of some other victims, but their focus is not on them at present. Nick looks back at them but doesn't want to leave Luna to be taken back by Eville to use again. Feeling protective, Nick's blood pumps faster, he can hear the thoughts of a man he's never heard of before. He scowers the room quickly, trying to put the voice to a face but can't as he notices the slight German accented man saying, "Grab Luna," he looks around, seeing Kate and Jason bound, struggling to break free and hearing Stevens cracking his knuckles. Nick pushes his chest out and stands proudly, looking up at Stevens who's figure overshadows him. As he approaches, he hears the distant voice again, "Get down! Grab Luna Nick," and as Stevens takes a swing at Nick, he drops down, his arm protectively over Luna, unsure what was going to happen, just as a man appears in all white, wearing torn white jeans and large sneakers. His long white military jacket falls behind him. He doesn't look that old, but he has snow white hair to match his large white cane that he swings at Stevens, hitting him with a bang and throws him back into the main stage, hitting Apollo down and bowling over Warrens and Bolt to the floor. Akiko quickly picks up Hannah and steps back. Eville uses his mind to pull out some of the poles around him from the ground, not the ones holding Kate and Jason who are watching on puzzled. The man in white looks at Nick and puts his cane above Luna's body, and grabs Nick's arm. In a blink of eye, a white light flashes and all three disappear from the room. "NO!" Eville screams in anger, using the poles to throw at Kate and Jason in frustration, the poles pierce their bodies in numerous places, killing them instantly. Their lifeless bodies fall to the ground, only the sound of the metal poles hitting the floor can be heard as Eville walks away in a huff. Apollo runs forward afterwards to see what remained of his sister but there was nothing but Nick's jacket nearby.