Chapter 34

Continued on present day;

The elders walking into the viewing platform followed by Malcolm, Nancy and Nick. As they stepped on the platform in the corner of the training room, a white wall rose from the floor to waist height and glass lifted in the center as the platform lifted into the area and disappeared from Luna's view. Nancy looked over at Nick who was she could see was nervously watching on along with everyone else. The room expanded once it stopped, allowing everyone to spread out and sit down to watch Luna's training session. The room was protected from the external training room abilities and weather. Payton had set today's training, and was eagerly watching on beside Elder Drake and Count. "I really hope she passes today, we can't afford another set back," Count voiced his opinion. Elder nodded, but watched intently as he saw Luna levitate in the air. Nancy reached out to Nick and put her hand on his lap, "Why are you so nervous?" she thought to Nick who heard her, she turned to him, "I am just worried. She seemed.... different," Nancy tilted her head with a smile, "She's stronger than you think," He squeezed her hand, looking at her and nodded. "You have to let her protect herself Nick, or you'll end up getting yourself hurt," He wasn't happy to hear it but he knew that he couldn't always protected Luna as much as he wanted. It was hard for him to let go of someone he cared about, and Nancy could see he was struggling with that. He had to step back in order for her to flourish without always standing behind Nick when she was far more powerful than him. "Whoaaa.." he heard a few of the guys say, sounding more like a rowdy bunch of betting pub goers as they watched on. "What is that?" Malcolm queried to Payton, "Venomous Sand denizens," They watched on as Luna made her way to the area between the sand and the mountains, the dark cloud cover growing just above them as they see the black mass of denizens pooling across the desert. "I hate watching these training sessions, it makes me worry about the person too much," Fae confessed, speaking to Nancy and Elder Meeka. She moved to the back of the room, no longer choosing to view the training. Nick looked down at the area beneath, he could see Luna with her hands in the air controlling the flooding from above to slow the creatures down. He sat on the edge of his seat nervously. "You should relax," a voice said as they walked up Nick, he turned his head to see Payton reaching out an placing a hand on his shoulder. With his head turned, he missed the lightening that struck down below and burnt the shrub in front of Luna. He went to move off his seat by Payton held him down, "Just sit Nick, it's all part of the training," Nick tried hard to not be so tense but as he watched the other lightening bolt strike Luna, he stood up and put his hands on the glass. "Are you trying to kill her in there?" Payton shook his head as the other elders looked at him, they too were surprised to see her struck so forcefully. The viewing platform moved into the mountainous area, sitting above the Lake as they could see Luna in the distance fall from the top of the trees. Payton pressed a button a nearby wall and a screen appeared on the glass panel, showing Luna on the forest floor assessing the injury she sustained on her forehead. Nick moved away from the glass and Nancy rubbed his back as he sat back down on the chair. Elder Payton moved into the center behind the seats, "You all understand why we are doing this right?" They turned to face him, "Luna has so many abilities she has gained since leaving Fernbrooke, if she can control them, she could help us defeat Eville and take back Fernbrooke on Earth," "Why does it have to come to her expense?" Nick questioned, pointing at the screen seeing the blood falling down the edge of Luna's face. "If she is to conquer her abilities and to face off with Eville, we need this to be real, she needs to feel the pain to put her in the danger situation she will face. We've protected her in the past to keep her safe, but ultimately, it's up to Luna to be able to survive. We don't know what Eville is planning or who he has captured in Fernbrooke with certain abilities," Elder Drake answered, and Payton nodded in agreement. "We stand by Luna, and we stand by you," Nancy responded on behalf of Nick. The few minutes of silence let to everyone returning their attention to the screen, seeing Luna talking to Apollo by the lake.