Chapter 43

Back in present day;

Luna was carried to the nurses office by Drake. Fae wasn't far behind and she waited with Luna while Drake fetched the nurse. She sat on a stool beside the bed and held onto Luna's hand. "Oh Luna," she sighed, looked at her as she was unconscious. Fae squeezed her hand tight, "This is not how I remember seeing your future," as she said that, Fae's back straightened up with a shock as she received another vision of the future. She sees through her eyes of herself lying on the floor of the roof the Main Chambers seeing Payton and Luna opposite each other. It's the dark of night but they are both using some sort of electricity to fight one another. Payton reaches out as Luna floats towards him with her neck his the grip of his hand. Fae holds out an arm saying, "No!" But the sound of the lightning and thunder in the stormy sky made it impossible to be heard. She sees Luna's feet struggle against the ground as Payton walks over to the side of the chambers. He lets Luna go just an inch away from the edge. Fae gets up on her feet, she feels heavy but she manages to run and just before the gravity of Luna tips her backwards, Fae see's her own hand catch Luna and thrusting her forward as she begins to fall over the edge. It rushes quickly at her just as she regains consciousness and sees herself looking at the sleeping Luna on the bed in front of her. Drake walks in with the nurse, "Watch out the way missy," she ushers to Fae as she scoots up and moves closer to the door. Drake hovers over the nurse as she runs a diagnostics check on Luna. Fae looks away and folds her arms across her chest. Recalling the rush of the air as she fell in her vision.

Drake who waited for the nurse to provide Luna with some fluids, he could see Fae was struggling with her thoughts. He walked up to her, "Fae?" he whispered. She looked up at him, "I can't help but wonder if Payton was behind this," he pointed to Luna's paralyzed frame. Fae let out a sigh, "I am not sure. Seems very odd though," she recalled this as not the first time she had seen this image. She saw it before the council meeting and had planned to meet Luna afterwards to warn her. Except, the same ending was real and Fae needed time to see if people would change their decisions. More specifically, if Payton would change his decision so it didn't end with her falling to her death but now both visions remain the same. Drake rubbed Fae's bicep to comfort her and she gave a half smile to Drake. "She'll be okay. It appears that she fainted due to her heart rhythm changing temporarily. She may suffer some pain, but besides that it is only an acute issue that seemed to have resolved itself quick enough," the nurse advised. "Do you know what brought this on?" Drake inquired, "Hmm it almost appears that she injected too many hydrocarbons. We will flush her system, she should be fine within a day," the nurse smiled a Drake. "If you'll excuse me, I'm just going to get some more medical equipment," she walked past the Elders and headed for the room at the back to get some medical equipment to monitor Luna. Drake looked at Fae who seemed a little trouble."I just wish the future was more clear," she whispered. Drake let out a breath, "The future is not planned until we live it, young sister," he said in relaxation, "We have to take it a day at a time," He moved her with his arm still around her shoulders to walk back to the elevators. "You should go back to your quarters," Fae nodded and left Drake on the bottom floor. He put his hands on his hips and stood there for a moment alone in the foyer wondering why Luna had been overindulging in hydrocarbons. He didn't want to assume Payton was involved in someway, but he was awfully suspicious of his behavior lately. Drake walked back and could see the nurse returning with some equipment. He watched her hook Luna up and stayed with her for the remainder of the day until dinner, leaving her to rest.

Nick had been remaining in his bedroom for the last couple of days. He rarely came out unless he would grab some food and retreat back to the room. He didn't see a need to be social or go outside of the house. He just laid in his bed most of the time thinking, and sulking. It really bothered him that he met Luna, felt hard for her quickly and now they were being forced apart. He spent a few nights envisioning a different world of how he would meet Luna at high school or at a bar. It gave him a smile of his face which he could fall asleep to. He felt possessive to still be thinking about her, but he was worried for her safety and genuinely he missed having her around. On this particular evening, he laid in his bed with the thin flat sheet draped over his exposed topless body lightly. He was perspiring from the heat in the room and woke in the middle of the night to have a cool shower. It was dark as he moved through his room, early morning as only the moon shining through one of the bedroom windows was he able to see clear enough to get to the bathroom. He didn't want to flood the darkness with the bathroom light as he was afraid to wake up too much. So he opted for a shower in the dark, turning on the cold water and using the heat to offset the icy cold to the naturally cool temperatures. Nick ran his hair through his hand, his wet hand held the loose strands back as he stepped inside. He was fortunate to have a large shower with multiple heads to provide water from different angles. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the cooling liquid that ran over his body. He leaned his head on his arm with his back arched for the water to fall down when he felt a cooling touch of a hand run up his back. He turned quickly and could see Luna standing in the shower and she drops her towel. Nick, still out of it from being half asleep just smiles thinking he has a good imagination, "Luna?" he calls out and she lets her hands move across his body as he turns around. He looks at her as the water hits her chest. He pulls her into his embrace, "Is this real?" he questions and Luna nods into his chest. She reaches up and pulls on the back of his neck for their lips to meet and cradle each others presence. Nick reaches out and turns the water so its slightly warmer as they fondle each other under the watery snuggle. He gestures for their embrace to embark further and her hands through his hair as they kiss vigorously informs him she accepts his request. She wraps her legs around him as he takes her in his arms and the envelop one another in the darkness and cover of the shower.