Chapter 41

10 Years ago continued;

Caspian collapsed on the floor, landing in Distortion on the beach that he had seen in Eville's mind. He was exhausted, and coming down off the many drugs he had ingested. Akiko leaned down over him, her illusion of appearing as Malcolm had disappeared and looked up at her. She went to speak but his body went slightly limp as he passed out. Akiko kneeled beside him and looked around, recalling the similar location he had found Eville in over a decade ago. She was confused and didn't know what to do now, but the increasing sense of worry rushed over her as she was no longer at Fernbrooke.

It had taken over an hour before someone approached them. Akiko wasn't strong enough to lift Caspian and didn't want to walk away from him, afraid of what he might say out of her prescence so she remained close by. A youthful man in swimming shorts approached the couple and Akiko reached out for his help. "Please! Help us?" she begged, as he ran up to her. He looked down at Caspian, "What happened?" "I don't know, he collapsed," she played naive to the stranger. He lifted up Caspain, and his head flopped over his arm. "Come on, I'll take him to the nurse," Akiko followed swiftly behind him, moving to the passenger seat as he drove them to the Main Chambers. Akiko hadn't travelled this far into Distortion, so she was not aware of the potential exposure she would be undertaking by following Caspian. The young man drove them into the driveway, and stopped the car. "What are you doing?" She asked, looking at the driveway leading down to the carpark beaneath the tall skyscraper. "Come on," he said, jumping out of the car and opening the back door. He helped Caspian out of the door just as Drake walked outside. He could see the struggle of carrying Caspian and ran over to lend a hand. "What happened son?" Drake questioned. "I don't know, I found him unconscious with this lady on the beach," Drake put his arm under Caspain's shoulder, "What lady?" Akiko appeared from the back of the car and Drake looked at her. "Akiko?" He said taken aback. She bowed her head, partly to not raise suspicion of her loyalty with Eville and also out of respect for the Elder. He walked Caspain inside with the help of the young man to the nurses office. After helping him on the table, he was thanked and Drake walked the young man out of the chambers. With Caspian under the watchful eye of the nurse, Akiko waited patitenly in the foyer. Drake walked slowly back to her. It has provided her ample time to think of some excuses as to her arrival in Distortion. Drake sat opposite her and she looked up at him. She brushed some loose hair behind her ear, and gave him a half smile. "Are you alright?" he questioned. She nodded, "I'm fine," He noticed she was wearing the blue scrubs provided in Fernbrooke to those NSTAs. "Akiko, how did you get here?" he asked calmly, trying not to blast her with millions of questions, "I escaped, with Caspian," "Caspian?" She gestured to the man he helped take to the nurses office. "He transported us here," "How did get out of-" "I'm not sure," she interjected. "One minute we were talking in the courtyard, the next, we were on the beach," He could sense a feeling of tension coming from her, but assumed it was due to the circumstances of being removed from the chains of Fernbrooke. "You are safe here," He reached out and touched her hand. She smiled, genuinely happy that he accepted her as another captee. "I will need you to see the Elders," He eyes snapped back to his. "Just to inform them what you know about Eville," She nervously responded quickly, "I-I don't know much," He stood to his feet, "You have 10 years of more knowledge then I do. Knowing any operation of Fernbrooke right now could be helpful," She looked up at him slowly, swallowing hard. "I am rather tired," He nodded. "I will walk you to a room for you to rest," he reached out and she grabbed his hand gently. He helped her to her feet and walked with her to the elevators. She was nervous but walked with him willingly.

Back on Fernbrooke, Eville was situated in his bed to rest. Dr. Greene gave him a physical evaluation, but no bones appeared to be broken and he seemed to have bruised his head against the car window which at the speed of the car crash had knocked him unconscious. It wasn't until they moved him to his room that he discovered he had suffered whiplash. Just for safety, they put on a neck brace to keep his head from moving. Stevens was in a worst state, having received the full impact of the tree and glass shattering onto his face. He was in intensive care under the watch eye of Dr. Greene. Apollo was able to heal his internal wounds, but it appeared his external scarring were to remain at least until Apollo gained enough strength to try again. Being so young, he wasn't able to complete the task of healing Stevens completley. Bolt had only a few cuts from where his glass window smashed against him. Overall, no one was really hurt but they knew Eville would not be impressed when he woke up, so they just let him sleep. Ryder and his men couldn't determine when Akiko and Caspian had gone. Bolt was worried but reframed from showing his distress to Ryder or his men. He hadn't gone this long without being in Akiko's presence, and although he knew she didn't want to be in Fernbrooke anymore, he assumed she wouldn't just take off.