Chapter 32

10 Years Ago continued;

Akiko looked at Bolt as he redressed next to the bed, neither of them had taken account of the camera in the room even though they were both aware the isolation chambers were under watch. Bolt walked towards the door, "Open up," he called out to the guard. Akiko put a sheet around her and walked over to Bolt. She wasn't sure how long she was going to stay in isolation after impersonating Eville, but she guessed it would be a while until he returned. Bolt leaned down, his tall frame leaning over Akiko. He planted a kiss on her cheek and she smiled sweetly at him. He finished fixing up his clothes and he hadn't seen or heard any response as he called out to the guard. He banged on the door twice, "Hey, open up," He repeated. Again, no response. He pulled on the door handle and it was locked as the isolation chambers usually were. "Hey!?" He called out louder, using his hand to draw his power but nothing happened. For a minute there, he forget he was in the isolation chambers. No powers could be used here and he obviously wasn't being heard. He looked up at the camera and it turned to him. He looked at it and it turned around the room to Akiko and back to him. "Oh shit.." he mumbled. The camera moved left and right in short movements, and Bolt realized it was shaking its head as if to say 'no'. Akiko looked at the camera confused and returned to the bed to get redressed. "Fuck," Bolt expelled, realizing he wasn't getting out the room as someone had seen his interaction with Akiko.

15 minutes earlier.

Rather than walk the whole facility as Eville would, Ryder uses the tactic of standing in the control room, looking at all the monitors of the Fernbrooke facility. He focuses on the monitor that displays the room where Bolt escorted Akiko in and seeing the other guard evacuate all the others in that isolation room into one nearby making it crowded. "What is going on here?" He asks, pointing to the screen. One of the two guards behind the desk zooms in, moving the camera as Bolt closes the door and can be seen kissing Akiko as he guides her to the bed. Ryder sneers in annoyance for Bolt's lust. "Lock the door," he demanded. The guard went to question, "But sir-" "Lock the door private," he repeated and the guard didn't question. He pressed a button on the keyboard in front of him. Ryder stood back tall, "Keep him in there," The guards both nod, as the other replies, "I'll inform those on the floor," referring to to the other guards monitoring those just outside isolation. Ryder took one last glance and saw Akiko climbing onto Bolt and he turned, walking away from the control room.

--

Back in Distortion;

In the scroll room, Eville lunges towards the scroll keeper elderly woman Debbie. Scared by his reaction, she jumps out of he seat and unthinkable steps backwards. Eville drops in mid-lunge, falling to the floor. Debbie falls backwards and leans into one of her bookshelves situated in the middle of the room and it tumbles over, scrolls falling everywhere as she falls on top of it. She wails in pain as she rolls and falls on the floor. Eville looks up and uses a table to stand up, confused by what had occurred. He can hear Debbie blubbering as she tries to regain herself, "Here, let me help you," he hears and looks up seeing Elder Drake helping Debbie to her feet. "It's over Eville," Payton says, stepping into view behind a bookshelf. Debbie quickly runs out of the room, hearing that this isn't Ryder but in fact Professor Alexander Eville. She is fully aware of who he is and what he has done to others just like her. She was lucky to get out when she did so she didn't take any second for granted, using the time to her advantage to leave the scroll room for the first time since she arrived in Distortion. Eville slowly rises, and can see Elders Count and Mekhi coming out into the main area of the scroll room. He looks at the calligraphy pen that dropped along with him and he reaches with his hand using his ability but it doesn't rise. He tries again and it doesn't lift at all. "It's gone, you've used up that ability," Payton explains to him, a big smirk on his face. The young Elders Luke and Lucy step into the room beside Elder Meeka. Eville grimaces at Payton and looks around, realizing the room around him is filled with most of the elders, with Ken, Fae, Ben and of course Sarah distinctively missing. "You're surrounded," Payton warns. Eville smiles wickedly, hearing his voice. He looks up at Payton just as his arms change under the blue scrubs, morphing into M2HB 50-Caliber machine guns. He fires and throws his arms around the room, with most of the elders ducking and hiding behind the bookshelves. Eville was aiming for Payton at first but knew that he couldn't put all his attention on Payton if he was to get out of the room alive. He didn't show it, but he felt uneasy knowing Sarah wasn't in the room. She usually stopped any violence towards him, especially from Payton, regardless of the bad things he would do.