Chapter 49

10 Years Ago continued;

Fae had a restless night, she wasn't able to sleep properly after having shared a kiss with Payton. She rolled over to her side and sat up. She looked at her bedside clock again, having looked at it over and over again. She rubbed the back of her neck when she turned her head to the side, "I was wondering how long it was going to take.." she whispered, just as Payton stepped into the room. "I wasn't sure..." She nodded, "I know, I know, I kept seeing your future but the time kept changing," "I couldn't decide," he muttered, moving around the bed to her side. "You don't know if this is right," She looked up at him and he stood in a dressing gown in front of her. "It's not.." his voice was mellow but calm. "And yet you're still here," she stood up and he put his arm around her back, pulling her in his embrace as their tongues met fiercely. Giving into a forbidden love they knew was wrong but couldn't fight anymore. Fae was easily persuaded by Payton's virility as he threw her on the bed and joined her for a passionate night of intimacy.

Downstairs in the Main Chambers, it had been a rough night for Caspian. He had snorted so much Cocaine into his system on Earth, he was tripping out in the nurses office when he arrived back in Distortion. The nurse tried to sedate him so he would remain calm but he lashed out at her, freaking out. Drake was on his way out of the building when he heard her cry out so he quickly rushed over to give her some assistance. Caspian leaped towards her aggressively when Drake entered, and he sprinted forward, grabbing his hands above the nurses head and throwing him back on the bed. He scrambled cowardly onto the bed at the strength and anger of Drake as the nurse moved behind him. "We need to strap him for his own safety," the nurses advised Drake. Caspian looked at the nurse with wide eyes, and Drake noticed his pupils had shrunk and identified he was still high on drugs. "Lay down," Drake boomed, instructing Caspian. He obeyed and laid down. The nurses quickly moved to his feet as Drake lifted a strap from the other side over his chest and arms. He secured it as Caspian laid with his eyes closed. The nurses moved to his upper arm and injected a small needle with a clear substance into his neck. "What was that?" Drake queried, she looked up at him as she moved to the adjacent table with utensils and medicines, "Sedative.." He looked at Caspian who started to snore lightly. "Strong one," She smirked with a revenge look in her eyes. Drake didn't question any more. He just nodded his head and left the room. Having Caspian asleep even for a long time is probably a good thing considering he wasn't exactly pleasant to be around awake.

Back on Earth, a few hours later after a debrief meeting with his executive security team and a hot shower, Eville was on his way back to Sarah's room. He reflected on sending Payton's sister to death as he thought about Payton reaching Sarah. Even though he did not see Payton or Caspian in her room, he noticed the movement in Sarah's hands and was certain none of his subordinates would dare enter the room without his permission. He felt it was only fair punishment from entering Sarah's room, moving her and disappearing with Caspian. Eville didn't even finch at the thought of Pandora's death as he stopped in front of her double doors. He took a moment to shake off all thoughts and breathed in deeply. He reached up, using his black leather gloves to smooth back his slick black hair as a small corner of his lip raised at the thought of seeing Sarah again. He felt at peace knowing she was his again. He adjusted his coat slightly and leaned in, turning the handles and opening the door. Laying peacefully in her bed, Sarah remained angelic like under the dim lighting. Eville always kept the lights low to help adjust her eyes for when she woke up. He never lost hope that she would wake up and he would find a way to restore her to her rightful age. Eville sent teams to find NTSAs with special abilities that could help connect him to Sarah's mind but with no prevail to date. He moved to the seat beside her and returned to his usual position, one leg crossed across the other as his elbows rest of the arm rests, leaning his hands together to bring his fingertips together. His eyes were hollow as he started down towards Sarah, going into a trance.