Chapter 10

Back at Fernbrooke.

The 15th man left standing at Fernbrooke let out another groan, raising his head to see Kate and Jason's bodies fall to the ground as the bright light diminished along with Luna and Nick. Eville turns back to him, Warrens immediately walks Akiko and Hannah out of the room. Eville walks up the man and looks him over, "Ahh Pyro, why did you bother fighting back, you know you were no match" he looks up towards Eville, his face severely gaunt but he just turns away. Pyro blinks slowly, trying to catch his breath and when he opens his eyes, all he can see is Stevens who raises his boot and rams it into Pyro's face, killing him.

Apollo approaches Eville, walking with anger, he licks his lips before speaking, "You let my sister get away," he says, standing closely to Eville. Stevens stands back and looks over at the two, Eville, adjusts his glove to fit his hand more snug and looks at Apollo, "There was nothing I could've done to stop it," Apollo lets out a laugh, "The great Professor can't even-" His words are cut short with Stevens punching him in the side of the face, his body turning away instinctively underneath the brute force, the bones in the right side of his face crack and snap under the power. Apollo slowly turns back towards Stevens, his face regenerating thanks to his healing ability. "Well what about them two?" He queries, just as his mouth reforms, pointing towards Kate and Jason bodies, "Luna has their abilities, so that's not a problem," "How do you know?" Apollo cheekily replied, "The rain came from Kate's ability, so I have no doubt she would have Jason's as well," Eville replied, but his soft smooth talking voice annoys Apollo. he still felt Eville was responsible for Luna's escape, "Where did she go? Who was that man?" he thundered, just as the sounds of heavy footsteps entered the room. "Apollo, if you don't control your anger, I will make sure you do," Eville threatened, turning to him and staring at him with furious eyes. Apollo turned quickly, and walked out of the room obediently not to rival Eville, passing Sergeant Major Ryder as he walked onto the stage. "We were unable to execute the plan," Eville advises Ryder as he jumps down onto the same floor level, looking at the 17 dead bodies around them. "Seems to me like the plan must've worked somehow," Eville nods and looks around, "Yes, Yes, she took their abilities, and a few others that she channeled in, but not enough," Ryder folds his arms over his chest, "Where did she go?" Stevens stands there like stone, watching the two men talk but keeping to himself, "Malcolm Goode," he spits with distaste at the thought of him. "Malcolm, I thought he died?" Eville shook his head, kicking his feet along the ground thinking, "Where did he take them?" Ryder questioned, having already knowing the history of Malcolm Goode and his ability to teleport. Eville snorts, "I don't know for sure," and points behind Ryder, "But I know someone who does," and walks out of the room, looking for Akiko and Hannah.

--

Nick heard the shower turn off, but wasn't ready to face Luna after the near-kiss so he quickly left the room, closing the door slowly so she didn't realize he was there. He saw a nearby room and walked over. Upon opening the door, he could see a similar guest room with the same features as the room he was just in before. He closed the door behind him, and leaned against it. He didn't realize how tired he felt until now. He remove the wet clothes and just patted himself dry with a towel, finding some basic black clothing in the drawers. He got dressed and walked to the kitchen just around the corner at the bottom of the stairs. As he turned, he could see his mum sitting at the dining room with Malcolm at her side, they were sharing a kiss between themselves which quickly ended as they heard Nick's footsteps. "Oh son, come in, let me make you something to eat," Nancy invites, jumping out of the seat and moving into the kitchen to distance herself from Malcolm. Nick approached the bench and leaned over it, "Uhh, I'm good for now, thanks," he reassured, grabbing a red apple from the nearby fruit bowl and taking a bite, holding it up to his mum to show him eating. "So you and Luna huh?" Malcolm asked, one leg swung over the side of the chair, his body twisted to face Nick and Nancy in the kitchen, he let out a confused snicker as he shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. He was trying to avoid that kind of conversation but he seems it was inevitable, just as Luna walked into the room, "You and Luna what?" she repeated, looking at Malcolm who had a big grin on his face, he looked over at Nick who turned away and bit into his apple. Nancy put a jug of water back into the fridge and answered, "...barely got out of there alive," she leaned over to Nick and rubbed his arm lovingly, happy to see him again. Luna half-smiled and sat down at the table. She wore a black outfit along with a long black jacket she found in the closet. Her wet hair down and loose, she quickly readjusts some fallen hair behind her right ear. Nick turns around, not making eye contact with Luna but quickly glancing in her direction as he sat down at the table next to Malcolm. Nancy walks over, carrying a glass of water for Luna. She places it in front of her on the table and sits down opposite Nick.