Chapter 46

10 Years ago;

"I can't see the door on this side," Mekhi said, looking back as to where he fell from Distortion back down to Earth. Stevens who was lying beside him,  quickly jumped to his feet and helped Mekhi to stand up. The both looked around and could see the others who fell, Caspian, Payton, and Akiko on the grass main entry of where Caspian was last seen on Earth before teleporting to Distortion. It was bright and early, birds could be heard in the trees nearby and the grass beneath their feet was still crisp from the cold night while the sun slowly heats up the Earth. "Fernbrooke..." Payton said, realizing where he was. He was back on Earth. Akiko saw everyone confused momentarily and ran. She broke Payton's attention and ran after her. She was small and nimble, able to reach the door and run inside before Payton stopped just outside the doors. Stevens and Mekhi  ran up behind Payton and saw the doors closed as Akiko ran inside around the corner. "Should we go after her?" Stevens questions and Payton held out his hand, "No," The front automatic doors closed and the guys could hear sniffing and coughing. They look over and Caspian is in his own white cloud of powder as his snorts the drugs still in his hands. Payton hastily walked from the main entry doors to Caspian and hit the bag out of his hands. "Oy!" Caspian yelled, bending down to get the bag, " "We need you to transport us back!" Payton stressed seeing a powder cloud expand as the bag hit the floor and spilled out on the ground. Caspian moved down but quickly thrusted his arm backwards to hit Payton in the nose with his elbow. Payton who was sober was able to dodge the move that appeared slow to him and he knocked Caspian over. He crawled to the bag and picked up as much as he could without spilling more of the drugs. "Get up!" Payton urged, reaching for Caspian's arm and he warily rised to his feet. "Transport us out of here!"

Caspian wiped the white powder off his jacket just as Stevens and Mekhi walked over to them to join the group. A red light dropped down from the main entry and started flashing, catching Caspian's attention. He started giggling and pointing, indicating for the others to look. "Oh no," Payton mumbled to himself, realizing what he used to do with that light. It was the panic button, ordering all security to a particular location transmitted to all of their radios. If Eville kept it the same as when the Elders were there, that red light usually meant there was a Stage 4 threat, which sends out a beacon to all near military personnel to wake up, get dressed and return to Fernbrooke to assist. The edge of the grassed area they all stood on had bollards pop up a meter in a half out of the ground which circled the grass area. A strip at the light was a lit up blue light that shined brighter once it reached its height out of the ground. "We have to go," Payton encouraged, grabbing onto Caspian's jacket. He tried to shake him off by Payton grabbed tighter. While they were bickering, Stevens walked over to the edge to follow the bollards turning up one at a time. He put his hand on the wall as it lit up and he felt it zap him light an electric shock. Mekhi was standing in front of Caspian and Payton. "Payton, let him go," Mekhi held onto Caspian and tried to help pull him away from Payton's grip. "No, we need him to teleport us out of here," Payton tugged on him to bring Caspian closer to him. All Caspian was focused on was trying to zip up the bag that was holding the drugs as it wasn't sticking when one of the guys would tug on him. Stevens could see there was only 3 bollards left before the grass area had become an enclosure. "Guys... 3 bollards left... 2..." He looks towards the three guys who stopped to face him, "1..." just as he said that the sound of all the lights connected sent an electronic sound in the air. Stevens moved to the edge and went to put his arm through. "Don't do it bro... you might get burnnned," Caspian hissed, high off the cocaine that he snorted. Stevens ignored him and put his arm through the barrier of bollards, but as soon as he held his hand above the bollard it zapped him, a force field of concentrated energy zapped him and throws Stevens across the area. Mekhi runs up to him but Payton quickly yells, "Don't touch him, he'll electrify you too.." Mekhi stands back and lets Stevens shake on the floor as a blue light wave of electricity runs over his body. Payton forces Caspian to the floor and he laughs to himself, licking his hand and putting it in the split cocaine near by then brushing his gums with his coated fingers. Payton walks over to Stevens but he is completely knocked out. They can see he's breathing as the electricity stops but they wait to touch him just to be safe. "Well, well, well, isn't this a lovely surprise," a voice behind Payton could be heard. He stopped and looked at Mekhi. It wasn't until he heard the voice that he realized, he is on Earth, he is at Fernbrooke, he is standing in front of Alexander Eville. He slowly turned around and looked at Eville with his pristine black three piece suit, Akiko and Bolt in the background holding each other, with Ryder on one side with Warren. Payton looked at each one of them, as did Mekhi behind him in front of unconscious Stevens. "I was hoping Akiko would come back, but I didn't realize she would bring guests," Eville smirked, amused by his playful banter. Payton clenched his fists, he knew Eville wouldn't just let him go. He was going to have to fight his way out. Akiko was smiling also, with Bolt's grip around her tight by his side. Caspian's back was to Eville but he was in his own word, looking into the distance and lost in his own thoughts as the drugs run through his system. He looks down to Stevens and see's he's just lying unconscious on the floor. He wonders what he dreams about. Where he was as a child. How his Christmas' are. The rambles carry on as Payton and Eville continue their squabble. "Why don't you join me inside for some tea? Perhaps we can reach a mutual discussion?" Eville offered. Payton pulled a sarcastic face, "Yeah right. The second we go inside, you'll kill us," Payton declared. Eville smiled wickedly, "Why would I want to do that? There's pieces of you inside, and you need to get inside to save them, to save your little baby sister.. and to save your 10 year old wife," Payton stood his ground proudly and didn't rebut Eville's words as they were technically true. "Stevens, he is hurt. He needs to be healed," Mekhi begged, bending down to check his pulse. "My boy can heal him, bring him inside and you have my word, you will not be harmed," Mekhi moved over to Stevens. "Payton, give me a hand," Mekhi asked, but Payton turned around, "I'm not going anywhere but home," The interior of the force field started to get smokey, and Payton brushed for some clear air in front of him as it filled quickly. Eville had one of his captives in a blue skins using his ability in a small opening in the force field to pour in a toxic black fog to drug them all into passing out. Mekhi dropped down next to Stevens as he was already bent over. Caspian was so wasted he didn't last a second before knocking out. Payton turn to Eville as the black fog rised up in the force field and he had no choice but to breathe it in, passing out and falling to the floor. "Thank you," Eville said pulling the NSTA away from the edge and moving him to Ryder, his strength greater than Ryder's as he requested for some relief once again. Eville waited for the fog to absorb completely before he removed the force field and it disappeared. Guards moved in on the four and picked them up, dragging them back inside of Fernbrooke.