Chapter 29

10 Years Ago continued;

Sarah was able to teleport back to Earth. She appeared outside of the Red Crab Restaurant in Elmswood. She stood a street away and could see the sign in front of her. As she walked towards the corner to cross the street to the restaurant, a black BMW pulled up in front of it and she stood against the tall fence beside her. She peered around it and could see Ryder getting out of the car with Warren and walking into the restaurant. Sarah watched as they both entered the restaurant  and looked around the corner to see no other traffic in the area. She began to walk across the street as she could see the door closing behind Warren. As she moved closer to the BMW, she heard the door open and froze as it swung wide. She stood in the dim street lighting as Professor Eville stepped out of the car. He froze seeing Sarah across from him, completely unexpected. She noticed he put his hand on top of the car door and could see the unused zip tie in his hand. He stepped back from the door and closed it, he adjusted his suit and cleared his throat as he eagerly walked towards her. She took a small step back and he stopped, placing his hands out, "Wait..." he begged. She looked at him and was unsure what to do. "Sarah..." he whispered. Taking the moment to observe the aging of her face. She stared back at him and did the same, although she could see he had not aged in 10 years. It looked as though only his hair had grown longer as it brushed against his shoulders. Eville pushed his hair back from his face and smiled at her. She looked at her wearily, wondering how she was going to get around him, Ryder and Warren to save the teleporter. She took a step forward and Eville stiffened, expecting her to run away from him. He looked around and could see she was alone, he used his ability to pull her into him. She levitated across the street and stood in front of him, able to have their eyes meet as the two stood staring blankly at each other. He fell in love with her all over again as he gazed deeply into her emerald green eyes. Sarah noticed she was close enough to see the zip tie was in held weakly in his hands. Sarah reached out both arms to Eville, he could see she was gesturing for a hug and he didn't think twice to step forward and embrace her. As he held her, he closed his eyes and breathed in her scent. When he opened his eyes, he realized he was no longer on the street as Sarah pulled away from him. He was in a bedroom. "Where am I?" he questioned confused and turned to face the bed. Sarah pulled the zip tie out of his hand and pushed him on the bed. He fell weakly, unexpectant of her demanding shove and she quickly tied both his hands together behind his back. "Sarah?" He questioned. She pulled him back by the shoulder roughly, "Come on," She guided him out of the room and he walked obediently in front of her. He relished the sound of her voice, even if it was just two words and moved towards the elevators as guided by Sarah.

--

Back at the Red Crab Restaurant, Ryder walked up to the main front hostess who smiled at their arrival. Warren flashed his teeth back at her, finding her to be an attractive young waitress. He stepped in front of Ryder and held his hand to his chest, "I got this," Warren smiled and stepped up to the waitress, charming his way with her with compliments and gentle touching. Ryder rolled his eyes and moved away, walking into the kitchen. He pushed passed the double doors and could see a kitchen hand with his back turned busy chopping away. Ryder looked up and could see a man in his chef whites. As soon as their eyes met the guy bolted, he ran for the back door. Ryder, dressed in his camo gear with his hand hovering over his holstered pistol, he chased after him, following him out the back door. As he stepped into the back, the small light provided poor lightning for the small staff car park. Ryder looked around, stepping slowly down the stairs and whistling as if to call for a dog. "You can't hide forever Malcolm!" Ryder called out, looking around the car park. Warren who was distracted inside, managed to find out Malcolm was working on his shift tonight. As he turned to advise Ryder, he noticed he was gone and could hear a commotion in the kitchen. He pushed passed the girl and walked into the kitchen. He looked over to see Ryder holding up the young kitchen hand teenage boy in his arms, "WHERE IS HE?" he was yelling into his face, the boy clearly traumatized was unable to speak as he squirmed underneath Ryder's grip. "Let him go!" A voice called out, as Malcolm appeared at the doorway. "I'll go with you," he agreed, and Ryder dropped the kitchen hand on the spot. He turned back to Malcolm and approached him, detaining him. As the two guys walked out the back with Malcolm in Ryder's grip, they walked back to the car and placed him in the back seat. Ryder leaned in and punched him out cold so he didn't cause a fuss. They could see Eville was gone. "Where's the boss?" Warren called out, looking back in the restaurant. Ryder looked around and shrugged. "Should we wait?" Warren queried, closing the door on Malcolm and holding him in the car. "No, let's just get him to Fernbrooke," Ryder replied gesturing to Malcolm, noticing something was not right as Eville would never leave the car, let alone the area. He quickly jumped into the car and the three of them sped off back to Fernbrooke.