Chapter 36: Scholarship

Kathy, Cassey, and Hansel are so damn happy. We just landed in San Francisco, California. I don't really know this place pero may friend kasi ako dito. She can guide us anywhere. Besides, wala naman daw siyang pasok.

And speaking of friend, I just saw her waving at me. She knows Hansel and medyo close sila.

"Hey, Haizel! Omg! You look wonderful..... even if your eyes are swollen." Then they laughed at me. Pinanliitan ko na lang sila ng mata. "You guys hungry?" The kids nodded so we went to a restaurant and ordered.

"Oh! By the way, I'm Clo Lopez-Wellington. And yes yes yes! I'm officially married!" She said joyfully. I really miss her. Her parents are one of my father's business partners and we met each other when we visited California when I was 10, I think. Hansel is 1 year old back then and we stayed here for a few months then bumalik kami for a vacation when Hansel is 8 years old. We spent our whole vacation here kaya close talaga kami ni Clo. She's 5 years older than me but she told me to not use 'ate' because she feels so old na daw. Haha. She's a cute and loud person.

I introduced Kathy and Cassey to her and just I expected, sumabog sa ingay ang table namin. Kathy isn't really affected about Alex having a girlfriend. I know she likes Bryan. Naudlot lang kasi naghiwalay kami ni...... cam.

Hays! I shouldn't be thinking that. I'm here to move on, to have fun and to relax. I'm also here to finish my studies.

After the loud conversation of Kathy and Clo and the small talk of Hansel and Cassey, I'm left alone while going to our apartment.

"Okay guys! Gotta go! Hubby is waiting for me, see you tomorrow or maybe next day. I don't know yet, I'll look at my schedule. And HANSEEEELLLL I REALLYYYY MISSED YOU A LOT! YOU GREW SO MUCH!" Halos mapatakip na ako sa tenga ko. Clo is hugging Hansel and she is about to lift him but she decided not to because she said...

"My bones will be broken if I lift you up." Tumawa lang kami. She's half Filipino half German. She can speak in Tagalog but she prefer to speak in English dahil daw mas sanay siya doon pero minsan nagtatagalog rin siya kapag hirap na daw siya magsalita habang ginagamit ang utak niya at pinipigilan ang nose bleed niya.

Yes I know, may saltik talaga sa ulo yon. Hahaha!

"Eh? Bakit 2 queen size bed lang?" Reklamo ni Kathy. I shrugged and went to the bed at the right side. My furnitures at kung ano ano pang gamit dito sa apartment. Treat na daw iyon ni Clo. She's really a kind person.

"Ate, are we gonna sleep together?" Hansel asked referring to Cassey... wait what?!

"NO!"

"Woah! Calm down. Para namang may gagawing kababalaghan yang dalawa eh nandito naman tayo."

"Still no, Hansel you're gonna sleep beside me." He 'tss'. Baka gusto niyang palayasin na ako ng bongga ni Mommy at Daddy?

At dahil pagod kami, we all slept.

Pagkagising ko ay tulog pa rin sila. I can hear Kathy's loud snore. I chuckled upon hearing her. Haha. I went to the kitchen to get some food and.... wwooosshh!

Walang pagkain!

Hay! Saan kaya ako kakain? Nagugutom ako and i don't want to leave this 3 kids here. Yes, 3 kids. Walang alam na lugar si Kathy dito kaya isa siya sa pwedeng mawala if I didn't keep an eye on her.

No choice. Nagpadeliver na lang ako. Psh! Nadagdagan pa tuloy ng shipping fee.

2 boxes of pizza lang naman ang inorder ko. Hiyang hiya naman kasi ako sa mga taong tulog na to. Baka maghanap ng pagkain pagkagising.

When I heard the doorbell, I rushed to my purse and get some money then I went to the door and opened it.

Waaaahhh!!!!! The smell of my favorite food!

"Wait... Haizel?" I looked at the pizza delivery guy as he said my name.

"God! It's you! Haizel Anderson."

"Who are you?" I asked as I get the boxes and pay him.

"Oh yes! I'm Charlie Austria." My jaw dropped. No way. I can't be encountering another Austria here.

"I just migrated here in San Francisco. I am in Canada last month. Honestly, I've been searching for you for almost a year." bahagyang tumaas ang kilay ko.

"And why is that?"

"My father wants to give you a scholarship here in San Francisco. Actually, the school he's inviting you is also Harvard University. We've witnessed your skills at HU PH and take note, we know you aren't studying yet but you passed and you're one of the dean's listers. How clever of you!" Napanganga na lang ako. I'm a LAZY person, I know that. And I also know that I'm one of the dean's listers. What I can't understand is someone is giving me a scholarship in an international school! How intelligent am I to deserve that?

"I have to go. I need to see you tomorrow with my father. I'll text you where will meet. This is my number." He gave me a card.

Charlie Frost Austria
*****

He left after giving me his card. An Austria is a delivery guy? No. Maybe it's just his part-time job.

Siya rin ang may ari ng mansyon na napuntahan namin dati. Woah!

And by the way, Charlie Frost Austria is hot.

Napatingin ako sa likod ko nang marinig ko si Kathy.

"A scholarship, huh?"

"Bakit ba habulin ka ng hot guys? Paano naman ang Katherine Monique Nieto ng Tondo, Manila?" Then I laughed and punched her playfully.

"You're not even from Tondo, Manila. At isa pa, hindi ka pa nakakapunta doon." I teased her. Nakalimutan ko pala isara ang door. I heard her slammed it and I chuckled. Haha!

****

Scholarship, huh? I'll tell mommy about this.