13 - Treat You Better

I groaned one more time as my best friend continued to stare at me in worry with his chocolate brown eyes. This is one of the times when you just want to shut him up because you know he's right. I looked down at my wrist and just stared at the bruise created by the guy I love— well, at least I thought I loved him.

"y/n, we all know that he's not right for you." He said, holding my bruised arm gently.

"But Shawn... He's the one that I want." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "He makes me feel as if I were important."

"Stop trying to convince yourself that he will be good for you! He hurt you, y/n! This isn't the first time! What importance do you even have to him? He's literally using you to take his anger out on when there are so many people that love you and will never hurt you in such a way!"

His sudden outburst shocked me. I gaped at him as he looked back down at the floor. I know that he has hurt me but people change. Maybe he will too. Maybe if I stay longer, I could help him. Maybe I could be the one to change him for the better.

"I know you're sick and tired of hearing the same things coming out from my mouth every single time he hurts you but it's true. I will never lie to you. You're just wasting your time and effort thinking that he will change because we all know he won't! You keep giving him chances but all he does is fuck them all up!" He yelled, standing up from his bed.

"I admit, I want him to stop but what if he will?! Miracles can happen, Shawn! I believe that he could be the sweet guy I used to know!" I yelled back, standing up to face him.

"But in the mean time you would let him hurt you?! You're practically his personal punching bag and I hate sitting at the sidelines, not doing anything about the fact that my best friend is getting beaten up by that motherfucker!"

"Why do you even care, Shawn?! If you're tired of it then just leave! I'm not begging you to stay!"

"Do you know why I care?! It's because you always go to me every single time he hurts you! I feel like I'm just your rebound and I'm tired of it! Don't you get it by now, y/n?! I LOVE YOU! It's exactly why I put up with it!"

"Shawn..."

"You can call me crazy right now but I can see it in your eyes that you just want to end things with him! I know I could treat you better than he could ever do! A girl like you deserves someone who will love you, take care of you, treat you like a fucking princess! Not some douche bag who only wants to get his way with you then hurt you! You should be with me instead!"

I couldn't say anything. I just looked down at the floorboards while playing with my hands nervously.

"I'll stop time for you the second you say you'd like me too. I wanna give you the loving that you're missing. Baby just to wake up with you could be everything I need and this could so different. y/n, just tell me what I have to do to show you that I could be better than him." He said, walking towards me and cupping my face in his hands.

"To be honest... I don't even know what to say."

"Give me a sign. Take my hand or whatever. I promise I won't let you down, just say you'll be with me. Give me a chance."

I looked up at him and nodded. I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my head against his chest as I finally let the tears I had been holding in for so long go. I could feel his arms wrap around my shoulders as he pulled me closer to him.

"Whatever you choose, just know that you don't have to do this alone. I'll support you no matter what." He said, resting his head on top of mine.

I looked up at him, which made him move his remove his head from mine. I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his. He responded almost immediately after my mouth made contact with his. He held me close to him as he deepened the kiss. Once we pulled away, I rested my forehead against his and transferred my arms to his neck.

"I want to give you a chance to prove to me that everything you're saying is true." I whispered.

"I'm not gonna let you down." He said, placing his hands on either side of my waist.

"Good."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
A/N: THIS SONG IS KILLING ME! I know this is posted two weeks after the song was released but I actually wrote this the day it was aka June 3. I HATE THE FACT THAT SHAWN WRITES/SINGS ALL THE WORDS WE WANT TO HEAR FROM A GUY! IT'S LIKE, I WANT TO HEAR IT FROM THE PERSON I WOULD END UP WITH LATER ON BUT I'M AFRAID THAT I WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED! GAHD!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to post last week but school started the day I was supposed to and I tried in the evening but my phone's a bitch.

And if you guys even read this book or my notes, please include Christina Grimmie and her family i your prayers. I seriously hate what happened to her and my heart just hurts thinking about it since I looked up to her. She's the reason why I started singing more than just humming every once in a while as a kid since my brother bullied me for it. I hate the fact that I never got to see her perform live. SHE DIDN'T DESERVE THIS! #RIPChristina You will be missed.  

Vote/Share/Suggest

  ♪☁ A ☁♪ going offline