74 - I Can't Make You Love Me

*READ A/N BELOW*

Having a guy best friend is actually such a huge struggle. Sometimes, your friendship could be plain platonic. You could literally tell them anything and everything without hesitation since you know that you have no feelings attached. You wouldn't be afraid of accidentally confessing your love for him. But then there is the unlucky part of it all and that is if you do fall for him. It's not exactly a curse but there is a fifty percent chance of him not feeling the same for you. And if he's completely oblivious to how you feel about him, you may end up getting hurt.

So I guess the pain I feel could be understandable when I saw him post a picture of him and some girl on Instagram. I don't know who she is or what she does or even how he knows her. All I know is there has been rumors between the two of them for the past months. It may seem pathetic of me to feel a little betrayed but he is– or wasmy best friend. I knew and loved him first. All before she came into the picture. The times wherein I haven't been able to hang out with him, all spent with the two of them together. Even if he was home from tour, he would be too busy going out with her or just plainly calling, texting, or video chatting with her.

Weeks have passed since the rumors were once again revived by that stupid picture yet every time I think of him– which is practically every hour of the day, I think of that post and have my heart break all over again. I thought that maybe reading a book, writing a story or song, or even drawing could take my mind off it but none of it has worked. Which brings us to what's happening presently. My friends have convinced me to go live to focus on other things but so far, it's not going so well.

"What do you think about Shawn's new song, In My Blood?" I read one of the comments aloud. "I haven't heard it yet to be honest. I've been too busy with... Other things."

The comments were filled with questions, asking if Shawn and I are still friends considering that before now, I would usually be gushing about his songs no matter how busy I am. I just didn't want to hurt myself by listening to his voice.

"We're still friends, I guess. I mean I haven't seen him in quite a while so... Next question please." I explained, looking at the camera to show that I wasn't lying.

"Your opinion to 5 Seconds of Summer's new song, Want You Back?"

"Three words: Absolutely love it! Want You Back by 5SOS pretty much sums up what I was feeling when they paused from making music. Since no matter where they go, I'll always want them back."

"So you have time to listen to 5SOS but not your best friend?"

"Guys, quit it, please. Don't make such a big deal about me not being able to listen to IMB. Just because Shawn's my friend doesn't mean that my life revolves around him. Now last question before I sign off since I have to catch up on my sleep. It has been... An hour since we started this livestream."

"Did you know that Shawn was watching the entire time?"

I gulped and put on a fake smile. "Uh, hi Shawn. That's it for today so bye guys!"

I hurriedly turned my computer off and made sure that the livestream could not be viewed again, unless some of the few hundred viewers recorded it. Not even ten minutes after, my phone wouldn't stop vibrating with all of the notifications I was receiving from Twitter and Instagram. I turned my WiFi off to make sure I wouldn't have to see the tags but then a text came in, making my heart drop.

Saw you live. Want to talk to you. I'm coming over.

I am so dead. I ran to my closet and changed out of the rattyold, band shirt I was wearing and slipped on a baggy sweater. I ran a brush through the strands of my hair before going downstairs to fix the mess up. Hey, it may be a confrontation but at least try to get the upper hand by cleaning up a little. I sat down nervously on the brown leather recliner and fiddled with my phone, tossing it around in my hands as an attempt to calm myself down. The shrill, ringing sound of the door bell disrupted me from my thoughts. I slowly stood up and opened the white wooden door.