«Bittersweet»

Here... have this lousy chapter that took me like five days to write because I am a lazy ass. If there's any errors just point them out.

Peridot's POV

Mmffffhh... my head.

Waking up with an inhuman pounding in my head, I glance around my surroundings with half opened eyes. The place was bright that's for sure. There was also this ringing inside my left ear I couldn't bare right now.

"You woke up!"

"Steven?" Great. . .

"How do you feel?" He asked, putting his elbows on the edge of wherever I was laying down. Sitting half way up, I put a hand on the side of my forhead to realize there was a bandage wrapped around it tightly. "B-Be careful! Don't touch it." he talked again.

"My head is killing me right now..."

Jasper when I get my hands on you I will cut your throat and eat it.

"The doctor said you'll be okay, you just need to drink some pills for the pain, they stitched you up and you're fine now." Steven smiled at me.

Ignoring his kindness, I sit up and look around. It was only Steven and me, for now, until the evil Yellow Diamond decides to come and choke me to my death.

I should get out of here before she finds out where I am.

"Did Diamond find out?"

"Huh? Well I don't think so."

Great, what a relief.

Suddenly, Pearl walked in with a container in her hands. She had this blank expression on her face, she was paler today. Not that she isn't paler than she is at one point of the day, but it's obviously because of what happened previously and not because she hasn't eaten. "Hey... I-I brought you something to eat." She shuddered. I fold my arms and shook my head-

"I'm not hungry."

"But it's some almond cookies I made for you and Lapis. You need some sugar." She approached me and placed the container on the edge.

"Give them to Lapis." I looked out the window.

"She's asleep." Pearl sighed, "Seriosuly, you need a sugar rush, sometimes you can be so bitter." She sat next to me, placing a supposedly comforting hand on my thigh. Pearl is always the one to apologize for Jasper's stupidities, she's been doing this forever and I still can't tell why she doesn't just break up with her. It's an unhealthy and toxic relationship from my point of view.

"I'm not in the mood for your cheesy quotes, Pearl." I twisted my jaw irritatedly ,"Let's just get out of here before Diamond finds out where I am." I took the covers off me and... MY SHOES AND SOCKS WERE GONE!

Fucking hell, I can't let anyone see me like this.

"My socks...WHERE ARE MY SOCKS?!" I shouted, shuffling through the quilts but to no avail. Pearl stood up and cleared her throat,

"The doctor said to take them off for proper circulation. You wear really tight knee high socks everyday..."

"But you know perfectly why. So go look for my socks!" I shouted at her and she flinched, dashing out of the room leaving me with a slightly scared Steven.

Honestly...ugh, Steven is sometimes way more mature than these twerps. I wonder what's in his mind right now...

"Peridot, are you okay?" He asked, standing up from his seat next to me.

"Why are you asking?" I questioned while shifting to the edge of the bed and taking the stupid serum that was attached to me. He came and grabbed my hand to help me down, not that I needed any.