《The biggest lie》

Lapis's point of view:

I slammed the book on the table and the room filled with 'Sssshhhhh's everywhere. Gemma- I-I mean... Flower Girl? was like an imaginary ghost. She stood there quietly with her hands held together and had a blank expression. She only followed orders from Onyx and those were to bring me here to steal the cheap copy of a spell book he mentioned.

"He said you should read it before you bring it to him." She repeated for the second time with her soft voice.

"Uh...Yeah I heard you." I looked up at her and then held my cheeks with my wrist. I lazily flipped the book open and the first three pages were completely empty. I passed those and that's when the scribbles and weird drawings started. The first one was the tattoo Onyx did to me without my consent on my lower back. I tried to read whatever was written under it and around it, but it was so cursive that it looked like a folly.

"That's the symbol members of the gifted tattoo on their skin to represent their origin." It was clearly what was permanently on my skin now. Even if I wanted to I could never take it off without my aunt not knowing that it's there.

Now I have to watch what I am going to wear from now on. I still have not speculated around this for the only reason that a drawing on my lower back is the last thing I will think of right about these times. My brain was numbly focused on these little specs that Margaret and Chad left for me to follow.

At a certain minute of the day I would think this was the wildest goose chase of all time, but I was so mindblowingly sure that there was so much more to this. The killers were one of the main reasons, and I feel so close to the answer but these clues make them seem way more far away anytime they simply seize to exist.

I was going to get to the bottom of this, and if it seems like a dead end ,I will demand more. 

I want power and revenge.

I nodded while my eyes were still glued to the semi-yellow paper holding cursive letters and weird drawings. I flipped to the next page and it was a total different topic (or at least that's what it looked like.). There was an eerie profile sketch of a lion and an outstretched hand that appeared to reach for a soft pet on it's nose. In the seam contact between the hand and the lion there was a long green dust penetrating it's eyes.

I looked up to the quiet flower girl that blankly starred at the page.

"It is a hypnotizing spell. It is only meant for animals but unfortunately some humans use it on humans. You can easily tell if someone is under the spell because of their emerald eyes." Hmmm... I think I remember some emerald eyes somewhere..

Just looking up at Flowergirl chick, she looked like a simple doll. Her hair was semi windblown and decorated with a small garden of flimsy flowers. Her white loose dress looked like a river of snow over her skinny body. She looked so fragile and soft that i'm afraid to even approach her. I think she'll cry or something...

"So... you're on Onyx's side?" I said in a low tone that only she could possibly hear. Surprisingly, she blinked twice and raised a brow in confusion.

"Um-" she looked down to the floor with a faint blush upon her cheekbones. I probably said something out of place even though I didn't.

"Well...uh-...A-are you? I mean.. you brought me here because of his orders.."

"N-No. He just nicely asked me to bring you here. I am too nice to deny anything." She grew a very innocent smirk and shrugged. "I am very friends with the Crystal Gems." she said before approaching me and sitting in front of me.

"Then why do you know all this-.. magic stuff?" I closed the book and picked it up like it was some foreign object and eyed it to her. She softly giggled and bit her lower lip.