Chapter Seven

Jay's POV:

I storm into the house.

How could she just GIVE him her number?!

How?!

I rush up to the her room and slam the door behind me jumping onto the bed.

I've been holding in my rage this entire day and now that she's gone to work I can finally let it out.

I guess she works after school at a pottery place.

Don't ask me how or when I figured that out.

Never mind that though.

I hate Nate for multiple reasons first off. Secondly, Alice just completely ignored my apology. Lastly, I know why Nate is hitting on her and it infuriates me.

Why can't she be smart and know not to trust him?

Doesn't she realize I'm a million times better?

But you're a jerk to her...

No...

Admit it she has no reason to like you even if she wasn't straight.

Whatever.

I sigh and bang my head and against the backboard of the bed which was not a good idea. It hurts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm eating dinner when Alice gets home and I notice that she's already very into what's going on on her phone.

I sneer at her and shove another pile of rice into my mouth.

"What are you doing? Texting Nate?" I say with my mouth full drawing out the name Nate.

She rolls her eyes and fixes herself a plate of food before sitting herself beside me.

I nonchalantly attempt to look at what she's texting, but all I see before she pulls the phone away out of my view is Nate's name at the top.

"So you are."

"Why do you care?"

...

"Whatever." I throw away the rest of my food.

"So is he your boyfriend now? Are you guys going on a little crummy date?" I say. An annoyed, jealous person attempting to joke. It doesn't work.

"Actually yeah, we're hopefully going to see a movie on Friday." Today's Wednesday....

Like hell you are.....

"Good for you." I say walking away to go back to her room.

Why does she have to get involved with someone now? She's always been MINE! I mean, I'm sure it was a bit one sided...but still...

Couldn't she just know that I like her? C'mon! Teasing a girl is often a sign of you liking them...but I guess there are usually other signs too.

I guess I'm pretty good at hiding my feelings by now huh?

We can deal with that later though...

Right now I just need to make sure this date either doesn't happen or does not end well.