Chapter 10

Jay's POV:

No no no bad idea bad idea!

But it felt good and I think it was right...

But bad idea very bad idea!

I take a step back every time they take a step forward, but we're in a janitors closet so I know that's not going to last long.

So basically it's Nate's hitmen and they're here to kill me because I beat Nate up.

That was the horrible, no good, very bad idea, but still the best thing to do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice's POV:

I'm walking through the hallway heading to my third, and most favorite, class.  Art.

I wonder where Jay is...

I really can't help, but think about him. It kinda sucks because it makes me miss him every time he's not around, but he doesn't have to know that.

Slowly I begin to hear a noise getting louder and louder as I get closer to the janitors closet.

It takes me a minute to figure out what the noise is. Punching.

I've heard that too much lately.

I run over to the closest classroom and call the teacher out here, but he decides that whatever he is doing on the computer is more important at the moment so I decide to go into the closet myself.

I open the door and freeze.

Not just because I see Jay being beaten to a pulp, but also because one of the three guys grabs my wrist.

"Don't you dare move any closer and don't you dare scream. I obviously don't care if you're a girl so unless you want bad things to happen to you, I suggest you listen."

I feel my face burns red for no reason other then rage.

I turn the guy holding me's wrist making him cry out.

"This bitch!" I kick him in the nuts as soon as he lets out those words.

I don't know where this strength is coming from, but I think the rage is fueling it.

Good....for me....I guess.

I elbow the guy in the jaw causing him to fall and by now the other two guys are on me as well.

Right as they're about to start hitting me the teacher comes in.

"Get away from her now! To the office!" He yells at the boys, including the one I hit who had by now gotten back up.

"Just stay here with your friend. I'll get the nurse to come down here when I get to the office." and with that he walks off all three of the boys give me a death glare as they follow him.

I immediately take a seat next to Jay.

"Jay?!" I cry. His body limp on the floor.

No answer.

He's unconscious. I pick up his head and hold him close to me.

I guess that's better then staying awake through the whole thing....

I finally realize that I'm crying.

I should've came sooner.

Why did they do this?!

Oh....

That's Nate's posy.

I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch...

I begin to take in what all they did to Jay.

There's blood coming from his nose and mouth. He's got a big black eye and bruises and blood almost cover his body.

This is awful....

How long will it take to heal?

Will it hurt as bad as it looks when he wakes up?

Before I know what I'm doing I kiss his forehead closing my eyes. I stay there for a few seconds and then the nurse is here.