•Devastated•

(Cameron POV)

"How was your day? I had a great day. Today, I went to that little donut shop that you love so much", I chuckled slightly, then continued.

"That manager still asks how I'm doing. Well, of course I had to tell him the usual, which was 'I'm fine'. But, I have to be honest Y/N. It still hurts. Even though it has been three years, I still remember it like it was yesterday."

I start to tear up. The crisp air chilling my body, it's almost like ice on my skin. I rub my gloved hands together. My ten-year-old daughter doing the same as I look down at her.

Michelle, my daughter, then speaks. "I love you mommy. I love the way your hair smells. The way you laugh so hard that you snort."

A tear slips down her face. "I remember what you told me. The day before 'it' happened. You said, 'Keep your head up babygirl. I'll always be there with you. Every step of the way", she pauses, "I promise.' Thanks for keeping your word mommy", she says as tears run down her face, like a waterfall.

I take her hand in mine. "Y/N. We love you so much. We miss you so much. I miss you so much", I whispered the last part, while shaking my head. Michelle wipes her tear stained eyes. Sniffling while doing so.

"Why did you have to leave us mommy?! I thought you loved us! Then you just leave us!", Michelle wailed. I hugged her close. Her body shaking vigorously.

I was sobbing at this point. My vision became blurry.

I looked at the tombstone.

In loving memory of
Y/Full/N
Great mother. Fantastic wife. And amazing friend

Remembering the day that the doctor called me. Saying she finally let go. Her cancer was to strong.

She couldn't fight anymore.

I remember the day she left us.

I remember the day she left me.

I remember the day I felt absolutely, utterly, completely...

Devastated.....

******
I love this one. I've never done a Cameron POV before this. What did you think?
Hope you enjoyed
ALI