2- Coffee Break

The day went somewhat smooth. I was asked for help twice and had to awkward point them over to Clara. She just laughed it off and pointed out to the twelvies where the Justin Bieber was.

"Hey Pen, do you wanna go and get a coffee when we're done here?" Clara asks after handing me the last box of albums. I quickly nod and get to the task of finishing the box.

10 minutes later she returns with a coat and sunglasses in hand. "Ready?" She asks cheerfully and I nod. I seriously do a lot of nodding. I guess anyone would that doesn't actually speak to anyone.

The walk to the cafe was filled with Clara trying to convince me to get concert tickets. "We can go together so you won't be alone!" She attempts. I sigh, almost admitting defeat and giving in to her begging. "So you will?!" Clara chirps excitedly. I can't help but smile at her happiness, I give I look that says 'maybe' and she goes back to talking about how excited she is.

I find it strange how in the shop she acts all professional and classy but once she steps out of that shop, she's a completely different person. I like it.

The door bell of the cafe rings as we walk in doors. I straight away notice the heat difference and take off my coat. "Morning girls!" The barrister waves as Clara goes over to order the drinks while I find us a corner away from anyone's attention.

Once I've sat down and got comfortable, I get out my note pad. I feel rude sometimes only being able to nod and listen to her doing all the talking, so sometimes I write out what I can't say by looks. Maybe one day I'll start talking, just to her as a starter. Maybe, not making any promises.

Not long later Clara comes over with two coffees in hand. "So what's been happening?" She asks, seeing that I've got my note pad out, ready to have deeper conversations, not really that our other conversations are actually conversations, more like Clara just talking heaps.

'Just the boring normal stuff' I scribble down. She laughs. "Oh come on, it can't be that bad. I mean you see me every day and I'm amazing" I smile and she smiles back. I still don't know how we managed to get this close with not actually talking. It amazes me but I wouldn't have it any other way.

A few minutes pass on with silent drinking of the coffee until Clara mentions the concert again. "So you know that tickets go on sale tomorrow afternoon?" She not so smoothly mentions. 'I know' I quickly write. "I'm buying you tickets by the way," Clara says, not even letting me have a choice. 'Don't I get any says in this?' I hide my smile. "Nope," she says making the 'p' make a popping sound.

The rest of the night consists of her sassing me about the concert and for some reason she thinks I'm going to meet Josh and fall in love with him. Gosh, she has such an imagination.

By the time it reaches 10 o'clock, the workers are telling us that we need to leave. Did we really just spend 6 hours chatting? Well for me writing and doodling random things down. "We'll see you tomorrow Penelope," She says using my full name. I cringe slightly and give her a short hug, thanking her for the night. Usual friends would go out for dinner at a fancy restaurant or go to a bar, but we would rather stay in a quiet area and talk for hours about useless stuff. I like that kind of friendship.

It takes me barely 10 minutes to reach my apartment. Straight away after unlocking the door, I head to my bedroom to get into something comfortable and get ready for bed.

I change into a long band shirt and connect my phone to my Bluetooth speaker. After hitting shuffle and hearing the quiet sound of 'Goner' playing, I allow myself to fall into a deep slumber which hopefully won't be ended until a respectable time in the morning.