17- Binge

The night was finished with Clara coming over and us binging Doctor Who. The 11th and 12th of course. I think Clara secretly acts a lot like the character Clara just hoping that she'll find her doctor one day, well it's not that much of a secret. They act the same, dress the same but obviously don't sound the same. It would be weird hearing her with a British accent.

As the night grew on, we both grew tired and grumpy. We both trudged upstairs and jumped into bed. Not long after getting comfortable Clara is already snoring loudly.

How am I meant to sleep with that? Or with the questions swarming my mind. Why do guys and feelings have to be so confusing?

As I try to get some rest before work in the morning, I hear the light buzz of my phone on my bedside table. I sigh, it's probably just Twitter. But it might not be. It could be Josh.

I gaze the string of notification to see that I have new followers. Usually, I don't recognise any of the usernames, but today I did. Tyler Joseph and Spooky Jim Christmas followed you.

Wait what? How did they find my Twitter? My Twitter is full of cringe and fangirling. I also see that I have a message. I'm hoping it's Josh, we haven't talked in a while.

"Hey, Pen! Sorry I haven't been able to message, Tyler stole my phone charger and I've only just got internet. It's 25 days until we're back and I can see you again. Oh shit, it's probably late for you. Sorry if I just woke you up" I read. I smile unintentionally. He's counting the days until he sees me again. That's cute, right?

I instantly reply back, sleep can wait. "It's fine, I wasn't asleep. Are you that excited to see me again that you're counting down the days?" I type, starting to feel tired. "Yes. I miss you already" He replies. I'm not sure if he's joking or not, I hope the latter option.

"Well Tyler is yelling at me for being on my phone during practice, I should go. I'll talk when I can. Goodnight Pen, sweet dreams" Josh messages before I can say anything. I reply with a goodnight and shut off my phone.

I wouldn't want Tyler being annoyed at Josh for talking to me, it kind of seems like I'm getting in the middle of their friendship. But Josh would tell me if he thought that, right?

I sigh and close my eyes. I don't want to have a grumpy Clara on me in the morning because I didn't get enough sleep.
Grumpy Clara is not a fun Clara.