35- Peace Offering

Not long later Josh heads back to his hotel. Tyler was starting to worry, well I assume that from the spam of messages he sent to Josh wondering why he was taking so long to get home. 

I guess we both just kind of lost track of time. Josh is very distracting, I can't be the only one who gets distracted by his adorableness.

I get out of my tight uncomfortable jeans into sweat pants and a singlet, it's not even late but I have nothing else planned for the rest of the day, why look cute when I can be comfortable? The question I ask every day before going out of the house. I've got to look presentable sometimes, now not being one of those.

After finding some fluffy socks, I head downstairs to resume the Netflixing position. But who can watch Netflix without snacks? Heading into the kitchen I quickly pop some popcorn and brew some tea. Sometimes I just wish I was British. British people are just automatically so much cooler. My reasoning being the accents, Sherlock and Doctor Who. At least we made Supernatural.

Once everything is ready I head over to the couch. The only thing missing was layers of blankets just slightly out of my reach. Freeze to death or move a foot to grab a blanket? Such a difficult question for my lazy self. I decide on the latter. 

Just as I'm comfortable and ready to press play, I hear a knock on my door. Confused as ever I get up to answer it. I never get visitors, my parents are in another state, Josh left nearly 15 minutes ago and Clara, well you all know what happened there.

The outside light blinds me when I open my door. I like to live my life in darkness. Thinking about that, I wonder why I'm so pale. 

Standing outside wrapped in a coat is a face I've been missing. Missing her randomly showing up at my house with sweets and new tv shows to binge watch. It was Clara of course. 

"Hi," She says awkwardly. "I was hoping Josh wasn't still here, I had to check with Tyler" She adds before holding out two tubes of Pringles, salt and vinegar. She knows they're my one weakness. Well one of them.

I step aside to let Clara inside and head back to the couch. The air is tense. The awkward silence is real. She sits down on the floor and sighs. I knew this was going to be the start of a speech. Whenever we got into small fights she'd always turn up at random times of the day with food. Always ready to talk it out but not knowing where to start.

"You know I'm sorry for how I reacted. I kind of ranted to Tyler and he told me how wrong I was" She laughs. Good job on Tyler for saying his opinion when it could very likely ruin his chance with a girl he seems to really like. "He understood where you were coming from, understanding why going to a singer seemed logical" She adds, looking down at the wooden floors. "I didn't understand how hard it was for you to ask, I felt, I guess jealous when you went to someone you'd just met" Clara sighs. 

"But I understand now, I'm still jealous of that ass Brendon but I'm not going to let it ruin our friendship" She laughs. I understand how anyone could be jealous of Brendon. I mean who wouldn't want a forehead like his?

I smile at the thought and look over to Clara who is confused. "What's so funny?" She questions. I point to my forehead. "Forehead? Brendon's forehead?" She questions still sort of confused at my sudden happiness. 

"Gosh I missed your weirdness" Clara smiled before getting up and under my blankets. "What are we watching tonight?" She asks, our relationship going basically back to normal. Maybe even better than before. I look at her confused, it's me we're talking about. Obviously, it's going to be Doctor Who.

I press play on Netflix and Clara laughs. "Oh of course it is, that's fantastic, absolutely fantastic, " She says, her British accent almost on point. That's another thing I missed, her failing at accents. And definitely, her bringing me food. Maybe it's just her presence in general, but definitely the food part.

"Oh, and I found new shows for us to watch, Riverdale. It's meant to be really good, plus all the actors are gorgeous" I smile, watching tv series together is a huge commitment. Once you've started there's no stopping. 

She snuggles into my side, trying to protect herself from the cold. I like to have my apartment cold, makes snuggling in blankets 100% better if it's actually cold and I'm just too lazy to keep changing the heat. If anybody didn't know they'd think we were together. But little do they know we're both falling for two huge goofballs in a band together.

Everything is turning out great. I have Josh, Clara back as my friend, we're going to a concert in a few days. The only troubling thing is my parents and that extra flight ticket they sent months ago. Who will I go with? My choice could possibly ruin what friendships I've just made and fixed. Who knows what I will do?