24- Three's A Crowd

We arrive out Clara and I's favourite cafe in a matter of minutes. "Well, that was fast" Brendon comments. "We do go here basically every day" Clara replies smiling. As we enter the smell of coffee and happiness hits me right in the face. Just as it usually does.

Just as were seated a waitress comes over. "Good to see you again Penny and Clara. And Brendon?" The waitress asks unsure of herself. Brendon nods and smiles. "Same as usual?" Both Clara and I nod. "And for you Brendon?" She questions. "Whatever you think is the best" He replies after thinking. "Pancakes it is" She smiles before walking off.

"Does she know everyone in this town?" Brendon asks slightly shocked that the waitress knew him. 'Brendon you're the singer of a famous band, expect to be noticed' I smile while typing. "I know, it's still weird" He explains before changing the topic.

"So how have your days been so far?" Brendon asks genuinely interested in the answer. "Well Penny woke up late and I had to wake her. But other than that boring as usual" Clara responds so I don't have to type that out. "You didn't look bored when I walked in, by the way, good choice in albums" He laughs remembering we were listening to Death of a Bachelor. "We only play the best of the best" Clara compliments Panic!

The conversation continues between Clara and Brendon about music. They both know a lot about the subject. Me not as much. I quietly pick at the corner of my phone, only semi-listening to the conversation. "Pen," Brendon says eventually, bringing me back int0 the conversation. I look over at him to ensure he knows that I'm listening. Well now at least.

"Did you work on what we discussed yesterday?" He questions about the humming. I nod slightly looking away. Clara doesn't know about this. "Is this the learning the guitar?" She questions and Brendon corrects her. "No, helping her to speak," He says then realises he was wrong to when Clara reacts. "I didn't know you were doing that" She mutters under her breath. 'I've been thinking about it for a while and yesterday with Brendon being a singer, I thought I should ask' I try and explain why I hadn't told my best friend that her mute friend wanted to start talking again.

I honestly don't know why I didn't tell her. I didn't plan on asking Brendon then, I was going to ask Clara in the first place but when Brendon was singing and teaching me, I thought I should ask. "Oh well I'm glad" She smiles, I can tell she's faking. She probably feels like I'm forgetting about her, it does seem like that.

But I'm not
Am I?