20- Lessons

"So let's just start with going over chords" Brendon starts after I rest my fingers on random strings. I nod and look over to him, telling him that I was ready. "Play a G" He smiles back. After placing my fingers on what I think is the right strings, I strum lightly. "Okay, now a D" He laughs lightly, his immature side coming out already.

This continues on for around 20 minutes. Him showing me ones that I didn't know or was unsure about. He started to go into strumming patterns and we started to learn a song. Him deciding that I was good enough for 'Young Volcanoes'.

"I can sing it if you want, it might help," Brendon says looking over to me for an answer. I nod, but when really I wanted to be the one to sing. Maybe next time, that's if he wants to do this again.

Brendon starts singing along as I hear a text notification go off. I ignore it at first but when many follow after I start to get curious of who and what the want. "You wanna check that and have a break?" Brendon asks hearing the same annoying text tone go off. I nod my head and walk over to my desk to grab my phone.
'Pen'
'Penny'
'Penelope!'
'Answer meeeee, I wanna tell you something' They type out, I see now that it's Josh. What could he want to tell me?
'Yes I'm here, what did you want to tell me' I reply before sitting back on the bed next to Brendon who seems to be checking Twitter. 'I miss you' I see the message shown at the top of my screen. Brendon obviously sees it too. "He likes you" Brendon smiles after seeing the contact name with I have saved as 'Jishwa'

I quickly bring up my notes. 'Why would you think that?' I type genuinely unsure of what Brendon is going to say. "He always talks about you. He misses you and hell he even asked you to go on tour with him" Brendon says like he's stating the obvious, maybe he is.

'But we haven't even had a proper conversation before' I type, we've literally only talked through me writing on a pad or on my phone. "Obviously you've said enough" He smiles. "He definitely does, he made such a big fuss just to tell you that" Well I do see his point.

I know that I've definitely got a small crush on Josh but I never thought that he'd actually ever feel the same. "If you like him as well go for it before he decides to move on," Brendon says giving me advice. I guess he's right. Josh is on tour, he meets hundreds of people each day. Half of them most likely being way more interesting than me.

'Only if you're sure, I don't wanna make a fool of myself' I reply after considering what I want. "Well wait till he's back, I'll have a chat to him about girls and all that" Brendon offers and smile. He seems like he actually wants to help.

'Well if we're doing this... I need another favour from you'